muen/linux.git
3 years agoMerge tag 'davinci-fixes-for-v4.18' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Olof Johansson [Fri, 29 Jun 2018 21:08:27 +0000 (14:08 -0700)]
Merge tag 'davinci-fixes-for-v4.18' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/nsekhar/linux-davinci into fixes

This fixes polarity of SD card write-protect pin on DA850 EVM
and fixes interrupt property for DA850 SoC GPIO as defined in
device-tree.

Both of these are not introduced with v4.18 merge but have
existed prior.

* tag 'davinci-fixes-for-v4.18' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nsekhar/linux-davinci:
  ARM: dts: da850: Fix interrups property for gpio
  ARM: davinci: board-da850-evm: fix WP pin polarity for MMC/SD

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'hisi-fixes-for-4.18' of git://github.com/hisilicon/linux-hisi into fixes
Olof Johansson [Fri, 29 Jun 2018 21:06:49 +0000 (14:06 -0700)]
Merge tag 'hisi-fixes-for-4.18' of git://github.com/hisilicon/linux-hisi into fixes

ARM64: hisi fixes for 4.18

- Added power capabilities for the mmc host controller on the
  hikey and hikey960 boards to avoid broken wifi.

* tag 'hisi-fixes-for-4.18' of git://github.com/hisilicon/linux-hisi:
  arm64: dts: hikey960: Define wl1837 power capabilities
  arm64: dts: hikey: Define wl1835 power capabilities

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'amlogic-fixes' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman...
Olof Johansson [Fri, 29 Jun 2018 21:04:39 +0000 (14:04 -0700)]
Merge tag 'amlogic-fixes' of https://git./linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-amlogic into fixes

Amlogic fixes for v4.18-rc
- minor 64-bit DT fixes

* tag 'amlogic-fixes' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-amlogic:
  ARM64: dts: meson-gxl: fix Mali GPU compatible string
  ARM64: dts: meson-axg: fix ethernet stability issue
  ARM64: dts: meson-gx: fix ATF reserved memory region
  ARM64: dts: meson-gxl-s905x-p212: Add phy-supply for usb0
  ARM64: dts: meson: fix register ranges for SD/eMMC
  ARM64: dts: meson: disable sd-uhs modes on the libretech-cc

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoarm64: dts: hikey960: Define wl1837 power capabilities
oscardagrach [Wed, 13 Jun 2018 18:03:21 +0000 (13:03 -0500)]
arm64: dts: hikey960: Define wl1837 power capabilities

These properties are required for compatibility with runtime PM.
Without these properties, MMC host controller will not be aware
of power capabilities. When the wlcore driver attempts to power
on the device, it will erroneously fail with -EACCES. This fixes
a regression found here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/6/12/930

Fixes: 60f36637bbbd ("wlcore: sdio: allow pm to handle sdio power")
Signed-off-by: Ryan Grachek <ryan@edited.us>
Tested-by: John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org>
Acked-by: John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org>
Tested-by: Valentin Schneider <valentin.schneider@arm.com>
Signed-off-by: Wei Xu <xuwei5@hisilicon.com>
3 years agoarm64: dts: hikey: Define wl1835 power capabilities
oscardagrach [Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:13:05 +0000 (10:13 -0500)]
arm64: dts: hikey: Define wl1835 power capabilities

These properties are required for compatibility with runtime PM.
Without these properties, MMC host controller will not be aware
of power capabilities. When the wlcore driver attempts to power
on the device, it will erroneously fail with -EACCES.

Fixes: 60f36637bbbd ("wlcore: sdio: allow pm to handle sdio power")
Signed-off-by: Ryan Grachek <ryan@edited.us>
Tested-by: John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org>
Acked-by: John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Wei Xu <xuwei5@hisilicon.com>
3 years agoARM64: dts: meson-gxl: fix Mali GPU compatible string
Martin Blumenstingl [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 15:00:56 +0000 (17:00 +0200)]
ARM64: dts: meson-gxl: fix Mali GPU compatible string

meson-gxl-mali.dtsi is only used on GXL SoCs. Thus it should use the GXL
specific compatible string instead of the GXBB one.
For now this is purely cosmetic since the (out-of-tree) lima driver for
this GPU currently uses the "arm,mali-450" match instead of the SoC
specific one. However, update the .dts to match the documentation since
this driver behavior might change in the future.

Signed-off-by: Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl@googlemail.com>
Acked-by: Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
3 years agoARM64: dts: meson-axg: fix ethernet stability issue
Jerome Brunet [Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:56:53 +0000 (14:56 +0200)]
ARM64: dts: meson-axg: fix ethernet stability issue

Like the odroid-c2 and wetek, the s400 uses the RTL8211F and seems to
suffer from the kind of stability issue.

Doing an iperf3 download test, we can see a significant number of LPI
interrupts on the tx path. After a short while (5 to 15 seconds), the
network connection dies. If using rootfs over NFS, the connection may
also break during the boot sequence.

We still don't have a real explanation for this problem so let's disable
EEE once again.

Fixes: f6f6ac914b82 ("ARM64: dts: meson-axg: enable ethernet for A113D S400 board")
Signed-off-by: Jerome Brunet <jbrunet@baylibre.com>
Reviewed-by: Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
3 years agoARM64: dts: meson-gx: fix ATF reserved memory region
Kevin Hilman [Thu, 7 Jun 2018 20:51:01 +0000 (13:51 -0700)]
ARM64: dts: meson-gx: fix ATF reserved memory region

Vendor firmware/uboot has different reserved regions depending on
firmware version, but current codebase reserves the same regions on
GXL and GXBB, so move the additional reserved memory region to common
.dtsi.

Found when putting a recent vendor u-boot on meson-gxbb-p200.

Suggested-by: Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com>
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
3 years agoARM64: dts: meson-gxl-s905x-p212: Add phy-supply for usb0
Neil Armstrong [Tue, 5 Jun 2018 08:52:23 +0000 (10:52 +0200)]
ARM64: dts: meson-gxl-s905x-p212: Add phy-supply for usb0

Like LibreTech-CC, the USB0 needs the 5V regulator to be enabled to power the
devices on the P212 Reference Design based boards.

Fixes: b9f07cb4f41f ("ARM64: dts: meson-gxl-s905x-p212: enable the USB controller")
Signed-off-by: Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com>
Acked-by: Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl@googlemail.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
3 years agoARM64: dts: meson: fix register ranges for SD/eMMC
Kevin Hilman [Mon, 4 Jun 2018 22:23:09 +0000 (15:23 -0700)]
ARM64: dts: meson: fix register ranges for SD/eMMC

Based on updated information from Amlogic, correct the register range
for the SD/eMMC blocks to the right size.

Reported-by: Yixun Lan <yixun.lan@amlogic.com>
Tested-by: Yixun Lan <yixun.lan@amlogic.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
3 years agoARM64: dts: meson: disable sd-uhs modes on the libretech-cc
Jerome Brunet [Thu, 26 Apr 2018 10:50:46 +0000 (12:50 +0200)]
ARM64: dts: meson: disable sd-uhs modes on the libretech-cc

There is a problem with the sd-uhs mode when doing a soft reboot.
Switching back from 1.8v to 3.3v messes with the card, which no longer
respond (timeout errors). According to the specification, we should
perform a card reset (power cycling the card) but this is something we
cannot control on this design.

Then the only solution to restore the communication with the card is an
"unplug-plug" which is not acceptable

Until we find a solution, if any, disable the sd-uhs modes on this design.
For the people using uhs at the moment, there will a performance drop as
a result.

Fixes: 3cde63ebc85c ("ARM64: dts: meson-gxl: libretech-cc: enable high speed modes")
Signed-off-by: Jerome Brunet <jbrunet@baylibre.com>
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
3 years agoarm64: dts: uniphier: fix widget name of headphone for LD11/LD20 boards
Katsuhiro Suzuki [Tue, 19 Jun 2018 04:12:05 +0000 (13:12 +0900)]
arm64: dts: uniphier: fix widget name of headphone for LD11/LD20 boards

This patch fixes wrong name of headphone widget for receiving events
of insert/remove headphone plug from simple-card or audio-graph-card.

If we use wrong widget name then we get warning messages such as
"asoc-audio-graph-card sound: ASoC: DAPM unknown pin Headphones"
when the plug is inserted or removed from headphone jack.

Fixes: fb21a0acaa2b7 ("arm64: dts: uniphier: add sound node")
Signed-off-by: Katsuhiro Suzuki <suzuki.katsuhiro@socionext.com>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoARM: dts: da850: Fix interrups property for gpio
Keerthy [Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:07:51 +0000 (15:37 +0530)]
ARM: dts: da850: Fix interrups property for gpio

The intc #interrupt-cells is equal to 1. Currently gpio
node has 2 cells per IRQ which is wrong. Remove the additional
cell for each of the interrupts.

Signed-off-by: Keerthy <j-keerthy@ti.com>
Fixes: 2e38b946dc54 ("ARM: davinci: da850: add GPIO DT node")
Signed-off-by: Sekhar Nori <nsekhar@ti.com>
3 years agoMerge tag 'qcom-fixes-for-4.18-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Olof Johansson [Tue, 26 Jun 2018 17:42:31 +0000 (10:42 -0700)]
Merge tag 'qcom-fixes-for-4.18-rc2' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/agross/linux into fixes

Qualcomm Fixes for v4.18-rc2

* Fix compiler warnings for cmd-db driver

* tag 'qcom-fixes-for-4.18-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agross/linux:
  qcom: cmd-db: enforce CONFIG_OF_RESERVED_MEM dependency

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoARM: dts: Fix SPI node for Arria10
Thor Thayer [Fri, 22 Jun 2018 18:37:34 +0000 (13:37 -0500)]
ARM: dts: Fix SPI node for Arria10

Remove the unused bus-num node and change num-chipselect
to num-cs to match SPI bindings.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Fixes: f2d6f8f817814 ("ARM: dts: socfpga: Add SPI Master1 for Arria10 SR chip")
Signed-off-by: Thor Thayer <thor.thayer@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dinh Nguyen <dinguyen@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoarm64: dts: stratix10: Fix SPI nodes for Stratix10
Thor Thayer [Fri, 22 Jun 2018 18:35:38 +0000 (13:35 -0500)]
arm64: dts: stratix10: Fix SPI nodes for Stratix10

Remove the unused bus-num node and change num-chipselect
to num-cs to match SPI bindings.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Fixes: 78cd6a9d8e154 ("arm64: dts: Add base stratix 10 dtsi")
Signed-off-by: Thor Thayer <thor.thayer@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dinh Nguyen <dinguyen@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoARM: davinci: board-da850-evm: fix WP pin polarity for MMC/SD
Adam Ford [Fri, 18 May 2018 01:20:52 +0000 (20:20 -0500)]
ARM: davinci: board-da850-evm: fix WP pin polarity for MMC/SD

When booting from MMC/SD in rw mode on DA850 EVM, the system
crashes because the write protect pin should be active high
and not active low. This patch fixes the polarity of the WP pin.

Fixes: bdf0e8364fd3 ("ARM: davinci: da850-evm: use gpio descriptor for mmc pins")
Signed-off-by: Adam Ford <aford173@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sekhar Nori <nsekhar@ti.com>
3 years agoqcom: cmd-db: enforce CONFIG_OF_RESERVED_MEM dependency
Arnd Bergmann [Fri, 25 May 2018 16:08:24 +0000 (18:08 +0200)]
qcom: cmd-db: enforce CONFIG_OF_RESERVED_MEM dependency

Without CONFIG_OF_RESERVED_MEM, gcc sees that the global cmd_db_header
variable is never initialized, and through code optimization concludes
that a lot of other code cannot possibly work after that:

drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c: In function 'cmd_db_read_addr':
drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c:197:21: error: 'ent.addr' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
  return ret < 0 ? 0 : le32_to_cpu(ent.addr);
drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c: In function 'cmd_db_read_aux_data':
drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c:224:10: error: 'ent.len' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
  ent_len = le16_to_cpu(ent.len);
drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c:115:6: error: 'rsc_hdr.data_offset' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
  u16 offset = le16_to_cpu(hdr->data_offset);
      ^~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c:116:6: error: 'ent.offset' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
  u16 loffset = le16_to_cpu(ent->offset);
      ^~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c: In function 'cmd_db_read_aux_data_len':
drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c:250:38: error: 'ent.len' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
  return ret < 0 ? 0 : le16_to_cpu(ent.len);
                                      ^
drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c: In function 'cmd_db_read_slave_id':
drivers/soc/qcom/cmd-db.c:272:7: error: 'ent.addr' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]

Using a hard CONFIG_OF_RESERVED_MEM dependency avoids this warning,
and we can remove the CONFIG_OF dependency.

Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Reviewed-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
3 years agoMerge tag 'qcom-fixes-for-4.18-rc1' into linus
Andy Gross [Tue, 26 Jun 2018 04:53:28 +0000 (23:53 -0500)]
Merge tag 'qcom-fixes-for-4.18-rc1' into linus

Qualcomm Fixes for v4.18-rc1

* Fix coresight graph on msm8916
* Disable uart0 on db820c by default

3 years agoARM: Always build secure_cntvoff.S on ARM V7 to fix shmobile !SMP build
Geert Uytterhoeven [Wed, 6 Jun 2018 09:25:16 +0000 (11:25 +0200)]
ARM: Always build secure_cntvoff.S on ARM V7 to fix shmobile !SMP build

If CONFIG_SMP=n, building a kernel for R-Car Gen2 fails with:

    arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-rcar-gen2.o: In function `rcar_gen2_timer_init':
    setup-rcar-gen2.c:(.init.text+0x30): undefined reference to `secure_cntvoff_init'

Indeed, on R-Car Gen2 SoCs, secure_cntvoff_init() is not only needed for
secondary CPUs, but also for the boot CPU.  This is most visible on SoCs
with Cortex A7 cores (e.g. R-Car E2, cfr. commit 9ce3fa6816c2fb59 ("ARM:
shmobile: rcar-gen2: Add CA7 arch_timer initialization for r8a7794")),
but Cortex A15 is affected, too.

Fix this by always providing secure_cntvoff_init() when building for ARM
V7.

Reported-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Fixes: 7c607944bc657616 ("ARM: smp: Add initialization of CNTVOFF")
Fixes: cad160ed0a94927e ("ARM: shmobile: Convert file to use cntvoff")
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Reviewed-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'socfpga_nand_fix_v4.17' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 22:14:40 +0000 (15:14 -0700)]
Merge tag 'socfpga_nand_fix_v4.17' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/dinguyen/linux into fixes

ARM: dts: socfpga: fix NAND support
- NAND should be using nand_x_clk, not nand_clk
- fix NAND node compatible for Cyclone5 and Arria10

* tag 'socfpga_nand_fix_v4.17' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dinguyen/linux:
  ARM: dts: socfpga: Fix NAND controller node compatible for Arria10
  ARM: dts: socfpga: Fix NAND controller node compatible
  ARM: dts: socfpga: Fix NAND controller clock supply

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoARM: multi_v7_defconfig: renormalize based on recent additions
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:24:23 +0000 (10:24 -0700)]
ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: renormalize based on recent additions

The defconfig has drifted over time, as Kconfig entries have changed order
or default values. Several maintainers ended up running 'savedefconfig'
themselves which caused a cascade of conflicts. Let's do it once and
for all in our tree before -rc2 instead.

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoarm64: defconfig: renormalize based on recent additions
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:24:23 +0000 (10:24 -0700)]
arm64: defconfig: renormalize based on recent additions

The defconfig has drifted over time, as Kconfig entries have changed order
or default values. Several maintainers ended up running 'savedefconfig'
themselves which caused a cascade of conflicts. Let's do it once and
for all in our tree before -rc2 instead.

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'qcom-fixes-for-4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:22:43 +0000 (10:22 -0700)]
Merge tag 'qcom-fixes-for-4.18-rc1' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/agross/linux into fixes

Qualcomm Fixes for v4.18-rc1

* Fix coresight graph on msm8916
* Disable uart0 on db820c by default

* tag 'qcom-fixes-for-4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agross/linux:
  arm64: dts: msm8916: fix Coresight ETF graph connections
  arm64: dts: apq8096-db820c: disable uart0 by default

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'arm-soc/for-4.18/maintainers-arm64-fixes' of https://github.com/Broadcom...
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:21:45 +0000 (10:21 -0700)]
Merge tag 'arm-soc/for-4.18/maintainers-arm64-fixes' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux into fixes

This pull request contains Broadcom ARM64-based SoCs MAINTAINERS file
fixes for 4.18, please pull the following:

- Florian fixes the entry for the Northstar2 SoCs which was somehow lost
  during a directory move. He also adds an entry for the Stingray SoCs
  which was missing from the day files were added

* tag 'arm-soc/for-4.18/maintainers-arm64-fixes' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux:
  MAINTAINERS: Update Broadcom iProc entry with Stingray
  MAINAINTERS: Corrected Broadcom Northstar2 entry

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'arm-soc/for-4.18/devicetree-arm64-fixes' of https://github.com/Broadcom...
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:20:30 +0000 (10:20 -0700)]
Merge tag 'arm-soc/for-4.18/devicetree-arm64-fixes' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux into fixes

This pull request contains Broadcom ARM64-based SoCs Device Tree fixes
for 4.18, please pull the following:

- Scott fixes both the bcm958742k and bcm958742t reference boards to
  have the correct eMMC voltage specified

- Ray fixes the I2C and PCIe Device Tree nodes interrupt specifiers for
  Northstar 2 and Stingray SoCs.

* tag 'arm-soc/for-4.18/devicetree-arm64-fixes' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux:
  arm64: dts: Stingray: Fix I2C controller interrupt type
  arm64: dts: ns2: Fix PCIe controller interrupt type
  arm64: dts: ns2: Fix I2C controller interrupt type
  arm64: dts: specify 1.8V EMMC capabilities for bcm958742t
  arm64: dts: specify 1.8V EMMC capabilities for bcm958742k

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'arm-soc/for-4.18/devicetree-fixes' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux...
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:18:39 +0000 (10:18 -0700)]
Merge tag 'arm-soc/for-4.18/devicetree-fixes' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux into fixes

This pull request contains Broadcom ARM-based SoCs Device Tree fixes for
4.18, please pull the following:

- Ray fixes the I2C and PCIe interrupt types for the Cygnus SoC

- Florian fixes the I2C and PCIe interrupts for the Northstar
  (BCM5301x), Northstar Plus and Hurricane 2 SoCs

* tag 'arm-soc/for-4.18/devicetree-fixes' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux:
  ARM: dts: Cygnus: Fix PCIe controller interrupt type
  ARM: dts: Cygnus: Fix I2C controller interrupt type
  ARM: dts: BCM5301x: Fix i2c controller interrupt type
  ARM: dts: HR2: Fix interrupt types for i2c and PCIe
  ARM: dts: NSP: Fix PCIe controllers interrupt types
  ARM: dts: NSP: Fix i2c controller interrupt type

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'imx-fixes-4.18' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shawnguo...
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:17:38 +0000 (10:17 -0700)]
Merge tag 'imx-fixes-4.18' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/shawnguo/linux into fixes

i.MX fixes for 4.18:
 - Fix i.MX6SX PCIe MSI interrupt number, so that MSI IRQs can be
   properly propagated to the upstream interrupt controller.
 - Fix GPCv2 MIPI/PCIe/USB_HSIC's PGC offset.  The values in Reference
   Manual are incorrect.
 - Correct SDMA setting for i.MX6Q SPI5 device to fix the issue, that
   the SPI controller RX FIFO was not empty after a DMA transfer, and
   the driver gets stuck in the next PIO transfer when reading one word
   more than expected.

* tag 'imx-fixes-4.18' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shawnguo/linux:
  ARM: dts: imx6sx: fix irq for pcie bridge
  soc: imx: gpcv2: correct PGC offset
  ARM: dts: imx6q: Use correct SDMA script for SPI5 core

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'renesas-fixes-for-v4.18' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:16:55 +0000 (10:16 -0700)]
Merge tag 'renesas-fixes-for-v4.18' of https://git./linux/kernel/git/horms/renesas into fixes

Renesas ARM Based SoC Fixes for v4.18

Make PM domain initialization more robust in Renesas R-Car SYSC driver.
This resolves a regression due to re-parenting of PM domains by
086b399965a7ee7e ("soc: renesas: r8a77990-sysc: Add workaround for 3DG-{A,B}").

* tag 'renesas-fixes-for-v4.18' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/horms/renesas:
  soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Make PM domain initialization more robust

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'mvebu-fixes-4.17-2' of git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu into fixes
Olof Johansson [Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:14:08 +0000 (10:14 -0700)]
Merge tag 'mvebu-fixes-4.17-2' of git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu into fixes

mvebu fixes for 4.17 (part 2)

 - Use correct size for ICU nodes (irq controller) on Armada 7K/8K
 - Fix "#cooling-cells" property's name on Synology DS116 (Armada 385)

* tag 'mvebu-fixes-4.17-2' of git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu:
  arm: dts: armada: Fix "#cooling-cells" property's name
  arm64: dts: marvell: fix CP110 ICU node size

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
3 years agoarm64: dts: msm8916: fix Coresight ETF graph connections
Rob Herring [Tue, 8 May 2018 15:09:51 +0000 (10:09 -0500)]
arm64: dts: msm8916: fix Coresight ETF graph connections

The ETF input should be connected to the funnel output, and the ETF
output should be connected to the replicator input. The labels are wrong
and these got swapped:

Warning (graph_endpoint): /soc/funnel@821000/ports/port@8/endpoint: graph connection to node '/soc/etf@825000/ports/port@1/endpoint' is not bidirectional
Warning (graph_endpoint): /soc/replicator@824000/ports/port@2/endpoint: graph connection to node '/soc/etf@825000/ports/port@0/endpoint' is not bidirectional

Fixes: 7c10da373698 ("arm64: dts: qcom: Add msm8916 CoreSight components")
Cc: Ivan T. Ivanov <ivan.ivanov@linaro.org>
Cc: Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org>
Cc: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
Cc: David Brown <david.brown@linaro.org>
Cc: linux-arm-msm@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org>
Tested-by: Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
3 years agoarm64: dts: apq8096-db820c: disable uart0 by default
Srinivas Kandagatla [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:48:06 +0000 (15:48 +0100)]
arm64: dts: apq8096-db820c: disable uart0 by default

Access to UART0 is disabled by bootloaders. By leaving it enabled by
default would reboot the board.
Disable this for now, this would alteast give a board which boots.

Signed-off-by: Srinivas Kandagatla <srinivas.kandagatla@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
3 years agoARM: dts: imx6sx: fix irq for pcie bridge
Oleksij Rempel [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 07:41:29 +0000 (09:41 +0200)]
ARM: dts: imx6sx: fix irq for pcie bridge

Use the correct IRQ line for the MSI controller in the PCIe host
controller. Apparently a different IRQ line is used compared to other
i.MX6 variants. Without this change MSI IRQs aren't properly propagated
to the upstream interrupt controller.

Signed-off-by: Oleksij Rempel <o.rempel@pengutronix.de>
Reviewed-by: Lucas Stach <l.stach@pengutronix.de>
Fixes: b1d17f68e5c5 ("ARM: dts: imx: add initial imx6sx device tree source")
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
3 years agoarm64: dts: Stingray: Fix I2C controller interrupt type
Ray Jui [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:21:31 +0000 (13:21 -0700)]
arm64: dts: Stingray: Fix I2C controller interrupt type

Fix I2C controller interrupt to use IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH for Broadcom
Stingray SoC.

Fixes: 1256ea18875d ("arm64: dts: Add I2C DT nodes for Stingray SoC")
Signed-off-by: Ray Jui <ray.jui@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoarm64: dts: ns2: Fix PCIe controller interrupt type
Ray Jui [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:21:30 +0000 (13:21 -0700)]
arm64: dts: ns2: Fix PCIe controller interrupt type

Fix PCIe controller interrupt to use IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH for Broadcom
NS2 SoC.

Fixes: fd5e5dd56a2f ("arm64: dts: Add PCIe0 and PCIe4 DT nodes for NS2")
Signed-off-by: Ray Jui <ray.jui@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoarm64: dts: ns2: Fix I2C controller interrupt type
Ray Jui [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:21:29 +0000 (13:21 -0700)]
arm64: dts: ns2: Fix I2C controller interrupt type

Fix I2C controller interrupt to use IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH for Broadcom NS2
SoC.

Fixes: 7ac674e8df7a ("arm64: dts: Add I2C nodes for NS2")
Signed-off-by: Ray Jui <ray.jui@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoarm64: dts: specify 1.8V EMMC capabilities for bcm958742t
Scott Branden [Tue, 22 May 2018 17:01:39 +0000 (10:01 -0700)]
arm64: dts: specify 1.8V EMMC capabilities for bcm958742t

Specify 1.8V EMMC capabilities for bcm958742t board to indicate support
for UHS mode.

Fixes: d4b4aba6be8a ("arm64: dts: Initial DTS files for Broadcom Stingray SOC")
Signed-off-by: Scott Branden <scott.branden@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoarm64: dts: specify 1.8V EMMC capabilities for bcm958742k
Scott Branden [Fri, 18 May 2018 15:21:20 +0000 (08:21 -0700)]
arm64: dts: specify 1.8V EMMC capabilities for bcm958742k

Specify 1.8V EMMC capabilities for bcm958742k board to indicate support
for UHS mode.

Fixes: d4b4aba6be8a ("arm64: dts: Initial DTS files for Broadcom Stingray SOC")
Signed-off-by: Scott Branden <scott.branden@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoARM: dts: Cygnus: Fix PCIe controller interrupt type
Ray Jui [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:21:28 +0000 (13:21 -0700)]
ARM: dts: Cygnus: Fix PCIe controller interrupt type

Fix PCIe controller interrupt to use IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH for Broadcom
Cygnus SoC

Fixes: cd590b50a936 ("ARM: dts: enable PCIe support for Cygnus")
Fixes: f6b889358a82 ("ARM: dts: Enable MSI support for Broadcom Cygnus")
Signed-off-by: Ray Jui <ray.jui@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoARM: dts: Cygnus: Fix I2C controller interrupt type
Ray Jui [Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:21:27 +0000 (13:21 -0700)]
ARM: dts: Cygnus: Fix I2C controller interrupt type

Fix I2C controller interrupt to use IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH for Broadcom
Cygnus SoC.

Fixes: b51c05a331ff ("ARM: dts: add I2C device nodes for Broadcom Cygnus")
Signed-off-by: Ray Jui <ray.jui@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoARM: dts: BCM5301x: Fix i2c controller interrupt type
Florian Fainelli [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:53:40 +0000 (15:53 -0700)]
ARM: dts: BCM5301x: Fix i2c controller interrupt type

The i2c controller should be using IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH, fix that.

Fixes: bb097e3e0045 ("ARM: dts: BCM5301X: Add I2C support to the DT")
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoARM: dts: HR2: Fix interrupt types for i2c and PCIe
Florian Fainelli [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:47:14 +0000 (15:47 -0700)]
ARM: dts: HR2: Fix interrupt types for i2c and PCIe

The i2c and PCIe controllers had an incorrect type which should have
been set to IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH, fix that.

Fixes: b9099ec754b5 ("ARM: dts: Add Broadcom Hurricane 2 DTS include file")
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoARM: dts: NSP: Fix PCIe controllers interrupt types
Florian Fainelli [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:47:13 +0000 (15:47 -0700)]
ARM: dts: NSP: Fix PCIe controllers interrupt types

The interrupts for the PCIe controllers should all be of type
IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH instead of IRQ_TYPE_NONE.

Fixes: d71eb9412088 ("ARM: dts: NSP: Add MSI support on PCI")
Fixes: 522199029fdc ("ARM: dts: NSP: Fix PCIE DT issue")
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoARM: dts: NSP: Fix i2c controller interrupt type
Florian Fainelli [Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:47:12 +0000 (15:47 -0700)]
ARM: dts: NSP: Fix i2c controller interrupt type

The i2c controller should use IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH instead of
IRQ_TYPE_NONE.

Fixes: 0f9f27a36d09 ("ARM: dts: NSP: Add I2C support to the DT")
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoMAINTAINERS: Update Broadcom iProc entry with Stingray
Florian Fainelli [Tue, 5 Jun 2018 16:24:55 +0000 (09:24 -0700)]
MAINTAINERS: Update Broadcom iProc entry with Stingray

Update the MAINTAINERS file to cover the "stingray" pattern and a few
files under arch/arm64/boot/dts/broadcom/* as well as the clock driver
and binding.

Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agoMAINAINTERS: Corrected Broadcom Northstar2 entry
Florian Fainelli [Tue, 5 Jun 2018 16:22:37 +0000 (09:22 -0700)]
MAINAINTERS: Corrected Broadcom Northstar2 entry

While moving the Northstar 2 DTS into a dedicated directory, the
corresponding MAINTAINERS file entry was not updated accordingly, fix
that.

Fixes: 63a913c157f5 ("arm64: dts: move ns2 into northstar2 directory")
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
3 years agosoc: imx: gpcv2: correct PGC offset
Anson Huang [Wed, 30 May 2018 01:30:42 +0000 (09:30 +0800)]
soc: imx: gpcv2: correct PGC offset

Correct MIPI/PCIe/USB_HSIC's PGC offset based on
design RTL, the values in the Reference Manual
(Rev. 1, 01/2018 and the older ones) are incorrect.

The correct offset values should be as below:

0x800 ~ 0x83F: PGC for core0 of A7 platform;
0x840 ~ 0x87F: PGC for core1 of A7 platform;
0x880 ~ 0x8BF: PGC for SCU of A7 platform;
0xA00 ~ 0xA3F: PGC for fastmix/megamix;
0xC00 ~ 0xC3F: PGC for MIPI PHY;
0xC40 ~ 0xC7F: PGC for PCIe_PHY;
0xC80 ~ 0xCBF: PGC for USB OTG1 PHY;
0xCC0 ~ 0xCFF: PGC for USB OTG2 PHY;
0xD00 ~ 0xD3F: PGC for USB HSIC PHY;

Signed-off-by: Anson Huang <Anson.Huang@nxp.com>
Fixes: 03aa12629fc4 ("soc: imx: Add GPCv2 power gating driver")
Acked-by: Andrey Smirnov <andrew.smirnov@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
3 years agoARM: dts: imx6q: Use correct SDMA script for SPI5 core
Sean Nyekjaer [Tue, 22 May 2018 17:45:09 +0000 (19:45 +0200)]
ARM: dts: imx6q: Use correct SDMA script for SPI5 core

According to the reference manual the shp_2_mcu / mcu_2_shp
scripts must be used for devices connected through the SPBA.

This fixes an issue we saw with DMA transfers.
Sometimes the SPI controller RX FIFO was not empty after a DMA
transfer and the driver got stuck in the next PIO transfer when
it read one word more than expected.

commit dd4b487b32a35 ("ARM: dts: imx6: Use correct SDMA script
for SPI cores") is fixing the same issue but only for SPI1 - 4.

Fixes: 677940258dd8e ("ARM: dts: imx6q: enable dma for ecspi5")
Signed-off-by: Sean Nyekjaer <sean.nyekjaer@prevas.dk>
Reviewed-by: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
3 years agoLinux 4.18-rc1 v4.18-rc1
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 23:04:49 +0000 (08:04 +0900)]
Linux 4.18-rc1

3 years agoMerge tag 'for-linus-20180616' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:37:55 +0000 (05:37 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for-linus-20180616' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block

Pull block fixes from Jens Axboe:
 "A collection of fixes that should go into -rc1. This contains:

   - bsg_open vs bsg_unregister race fix (Anatoliy)

   - NVMe pull request from Christoph, with fixes for regressions in
     this window, FC connect/reconnect path code unification, and a
     trace point addition.

   - timeout fix (Christoph)

   - remove a few unused functions (Christoph)

   - blk-mq tag_set reinit fix (Roman)"

* tag 'for-linus-20180616' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block:
  bsg: fix race of bsg_open and bsg_unregister
  block: remov blk_queue_invalidate_tags
  nvme-fabrics: fix and refine state checks in __nvmf_check_ready
  nvme-fabrics: handle the admin-only case properly in nvmf_check_ready
  nvme-fabrics: refactor queue ready check
  blk-mq: remove blk_mq_tagset_iter
  nvme: remove nvme_reinit_tagset
  nvme-fc: fix nulling of queue data on reconnect
  nvme-fc: remove reinit_request routine
  blk-mq: don't time out requests again that are in the timeout handler
  nvme-fc: change controllers first connect to use reconnect path
  nvme: don't rely on the changed namespace list log
  nvmet: free smart-log buffer after use
  nvme-rdma: fix error flow during mapping request data
  nvme: add bio remapping tracepoint
  nvme: fix NULL pointer dereference in nvme_init_subsystem
  blk-mq: reinit q->tag_set_list entry only after grace period

3 years agoMerge tag 'docs-broken-links' of git://linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:25:18 +0000 (05:25 +0900)]
Merge tag 'docs-broken-links' of git://linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental

Pull documentation fixes from Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
 "This solves a series of broken links for files under Documentation,
  and improves a script meant to detect such broken links (see
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check).

  The changes on this series are:

   - can.rst: fix a footnote reference;

   - crypto_engine.rst: Fix two parsing warnings;

   - Fix a lot of broken references to Documentation/*;

   - improve the scripts/documentation-file-ref-check script, in order
     to help detecting/fixing broken references, preventing
     false-positives.

  After this patch series, only 33 broken references to doc files are
  detected by scripts/documentation-file-ref-check"

* tag 'docs-broken-links' of git://linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental: (26 commits)
  fix a series of Documentation/ broken file name references
  Documentation: rstFlatTable.py: fix a broken reference
  ABI: sysfs-devices-system-cpu: remove a broken reference
  devicetree: fix a series of wrong file references
  devicetree: fix name of pinctrl-bindings.txt
  devicetree: fix some bindings file names
  MAINTAINERS: fix location of DT npcm files
  MAINTAINERS: fix location of some display DT bindings
  kernel-parameters.txt: fix pointers to sound parameters
  bindings: nvmem/zii: Fix location of nvmem.txt
  docs: Fix more broken references
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: check tools/*/Documentation
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: get rid of false-positives
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: hint: dash or underline
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: add a fix logic for DT
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: accept more wildcards at filenames
  scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: fix help message
  media: max2175: fix location of driver's companion documentation
  media: v4l: fix broken video4linux docs locations
  media: dvb: point to the location of the old README.dvb-usb file
  ...

3 years agoMerge tag 'fsnotify_for_v4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:06:18 +0000 (05:06 +0900)]
Merge tag 'fsnotify_for_v4.18-rc1' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs

Pull fsnotify updates from Jan Kara:
 "fsnotify cleanups unifying handling of different watch types.

  This is the shortened fsnotify series from Amir with the last five
  patches pulled out. Amir has modified those patches to not change
  struct inode but obviously it's too late for those to go into this
  merge window"

* tag 'fsnotify_for_v4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jack/linux-fs:
  fsnotify: add fsnotify_add_inode_mark() wrappers
  fanotify: generalize fanotify_should_send_event()
  fsnotify: generalize send_to_group()
  fsnotify: generalize iteration of marks by object type
  fsnotify: introduce marks iteration helpers
  fsnotify: remove redundant arguments to handle_event()
  fsnotify: use type id to identify connector object type

3 years agoMerge tag 'fbdev-v4.18' of git://github.com/bzolnier/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:00:24 +0000 (05:00 +0900)]
Merge tag 'fbdev-v4.18' of git://github.com/bzolnier/linux

Pull fbdev updates from Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz:
 "There is nothing really major here, few small fixes, some cleanups and
  dead drivers removal:

   - mark omapfb drivers as orphans in MAINTAINERS file (Tomi Valkeinen)

   - add missing module license tags to omap/omapfb driver (Arnd
     Bergmann)

   - add missing GPIOLIB dependendy to omap2/omapfb driver (Arnd
     Bergmann)

   - convert savagefb, aty128fb & radeonfb drivers to use msleep & co.
     (Jia-Ju Bai)

   - allow COMPILE_TEST build for viafb driver (media part was reviewed
     by media subsystem Maintainer)

   - remove unused MERAM support from sh_mobile_lcdcfb and shmob-drm
     drivers (drm parts were acked by shmob-drm driver Maintainer)

   - remove unused auo_k190xfb drivers

   - misc cleanups (Souptick Joarder, Wolfram Sang, Markus Elfring, Andy
     Shevchenko, Colin Ian King)"

* tag 'fbdev-v4.18' of git://github.com/bzolnier/linux: (26 commits)
  fb_omap2: add gpiolib dependency
  video/omap: add module license tags
  MAINTAINERS: make omapfb orphan
  video: fbdev: pxafb: match_string() conversion fixup
  video: fbdev: nvidia: fix spelling mistake: "scaleing" -> "scaling"
  video: fbdev: fix spelling mistake: "frambuffer" -> "framebuffer"
  video: fbdev: pxafb: Convert to use match_string() helper
  video: fbdev: via: allow COMPILE_TEST build
  video: fbdev: remove unused sh_mobile_meram driver
  drm: shmobile: remove unused MERAM support
  video: fbdev: sh_mobile_lcdcfb: remove unused MERAM support
  video: fbdev: remove unused auo_k190xfb drivers
  video: omap: Improve a size determination in omapfb_do_probe()
  video: sm501fb: Improve a size determination in sm501fb_probe()
  video: fbdev-MMP: Improve a size determination in path_init()
  video: fbdev-MMP: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in two functions
  video: auo_k190x: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in auok190x_common_probe()
  video: sh_mobile_lcdcfb: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in two functions
  video: sh_mobile_meram: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in sh_mobile_meram_probe()
  video: fbdev: sh_mobile_meram: Drop SUPERH platform dependency
  ...

3 years agoMerge branch 'afs-proc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:32:04 +0000 (16:32 +0900)]
Merge branch 'afs-proc' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull AFS updates from Al Viro:
 "Assorted AFS stuff - ended up in vfs.git since most of that consists
  of David's AFS-related followups to Christoph's procfs series"

* 'afs-proc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs:
  afs: Optimise callback breaking by not repeating volume lookup
  afs: Display manually added cells in dynamic root mount
  afs: Enable IPv6 DNS lookups
  afs: Show all of a server's addresses in /proc/fs/afs/servers
  afs: Handle CONFIG_PROC_FS=n
  proc: Make inline name size calculation automatic
  afs: Implement network namespacing
  afs: Mark afs_net::ws_cell as __rcu and set using rcu functions
  afs: Fix a Sparse warning in xdr_decode_AFSFetchStatus()
  proc: Add a way to make network proc files writable
  afs: Rearrange fs/afs/proc.c to remove remaining predeclarations.
  afs: Rearrange fs/afs/proc.c to move the show routines up
  afs: Rearrange fs/afs/proc.c by moving fops and open functions down
  afs: Move /proc management functions to the end of the file

3 years agoMerge branch 'work.compat' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:21:50 +0000 (16:21 +0900)]
Merge branch 'work.compat' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull compat updates from Al Viro:
 "Some biarch patches - getting rid of assorted (mis)uses of
  compat_alloc_user_space().

  Not much in that area this cycle..."

* 'work.compat' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs:
  orangefs: simplify compat ioctl handling
  signalfd: lift sigmask copyin and size checks to callers of do_signalfd4()
  vmsplice(): lift importing iovec into vmsplice(2) and compat counterpart

3 years agoMerge branch 'work.aio' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 16 Jun 2018 07:11:40 +0000 (16:11 +0900)]
Merge branch 'work.aio' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull aio fixes from Al Viro:
 "Assorted AIO followups and fixes"

* 'work.aio' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs:
  eventpoll: switch to ->poll_mask
  aio: only return events requested in poll_mask() for IOCB_CMD_POLL
  eventfd: only return events requested in poll_mask()
  aio: mark __aio_sigset::sigmask const

3 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 22:39:34 +0000 (07:39 +0900)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

Pull networking fixes from David Miller:

 1) Various netfilter fixlets from Pablo and the netfilter team.

 2) Fix regression in IPVS caused by lack of PMTU exceptions on local
    routes in ipv6, from Julian Anastasov.

 3) Check pskb_trim_rcsum for failure in DSA, from Zhouyang Jia.

 4) Don't crash on poll in TLS, from Daniel Borkmann.

 5) Revert SO_REUSE{ADDR,PORT} change, it regresses various things
    including Avahi mDNS. From Bart Van Assche.

 6) Missing of_node_put in qcom/emac driver, from Yue Haibing.

 7) We lack checking of the TCP checking in one special case during SYN
    receive, from Frank van der Linden.

 8) Fix module init error paths of mac80211 hwsim, from Johannes Berg.

 9) Handle 802.1ad properly in stmmac driver, from Elad Nachman.

10) Must grab HW caps before doing quirk checks in stmmac driver, from
    Jose Abreu.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net: (81 commits)
  net: stmmac: Run HWIF Quirks after getting HW caps
  neighbour: skip NTF_EXT_LEARNED entries during forced gc
  net: cxgb3: add error handling for sysfs_create_group
  tls: fix waitall behavior in tls_sw_recvmsg
  tls: fix use-after-free in tls_push_record
  l2tp: filter out non-PPP sessions in pppol2tp_tunnel_ioctl()
  l2tp: reject creation of non-PPP sessions on L2TPv2 tunnels
  mlxsw: spectrum_switchdev: Fix port_vlan refcounting
  mlxsw: spectrum_router: Align with new route replace logic
  mlxsw: spectrum_router: Allow appending to dev-only routes
  ipv6: Only emit append events for appended routes
  stmmac: added support for 802.1ad vlan stripping
  cfg80211: fix rcu in cfg80211_unregister_wdev
  mac80211: Move up init of TXQs
  mac80211_hwsim: fix module init error paths
  cfg80211: initialize sinfo in cfg80211_get_station
  nl80211: fix some kernel doc tag mistakes
  hv_netvsc: Fix the variable sizes in ipsecv2 and rsc offload
  rds: avoid unenecessary cong_update in loop transport
  l2tp: clean up stale tunnel or session in pppol2tp_connect's error path
  ...

3 years agoMerge tag 'modules-for-v4.18' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeyu...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 22:36:39 +0000 (07:36 +0900)]
Merge tag 'modules-for-v4.18' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jeyu/linux

Pull module updates from Jessica Yu:
 "Minor code cleanup and also allow sig_enforce param to be shown in
  sysfs with CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_FORCE"

* tag 'modules-for-v4.18' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeyu/linux:
  module: Allow to always show the status of modsign
  module: Do not access sig_enforce directly

3 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus-4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:50:51 +0000 (06:50 +0900)]
Merge branch 'for-linus-4.18-rc1' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rw/uml

Pull uml updates from Richard Weinberger:
 "Minor updates for UML:

   - fixes for our new vector network driver by Anton

   - initcall cleanup by Alexander

   - We have a new mailinglist, sourceforge.net sucks"

* 'for-linus-4.18-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rw/uml:
  um: Fix raw interface options
  um: Fix initialization of vector queues
  um: remove uml initcalls
  um: Update mailing list address

3 years agoMerge tag 'riscv-for-linus-4.18-merge_window' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:42:43 +0000 (06:42 +0900)]
Merge tag 'riscv-for-linus-4.18-merge_window' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/palmer/riscv-linux

Pull RISC-V updates from Palmer Dabbelt:
 "This contains some small RISC-V updates I'd like to target for 4.18.

  They are all fairly small this time. Here's a short summary, there's
  more info in the commits/merges:

   - a fix to __clear_user to respect the passed arguments.

   - enough support for the perf subsystem to work with RISC-V's ISA
     defined performance counters.

   - support for sparse and cleanups suggested by it.

   - support for R_RISCV_32 (a relocation, not the 32-bit ISA).

   - some MAINTAINERS cleanups.

   - the addition of CONFIG_HVC_RISCV_SBI to our defconfig, as it's
     always present.

  I've given these a simple build+boot test"

* tag 'riscv-for-linus-4.18-merge_window' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/palmer/riscv-linux:
  RISC-V: Add CONFIG_HVC_RISCV_SBI=y to defconfig
  RISC-V: Handle R_RISCV_32 in modules
  riscv/ftrace: Export _mcount when DYNAMIC_FTRACE isn't set
  riscv: add riscv-specific predefines to CHECKFLAGS
  riscv: split the declaration of __copy_user
  riscv: no __user for probe_kernel_address()
  riscv: use NULL instead of a plain 0
  perf: riscv: Add Document for Future Porting Guide
  perf: riscv: preliminary RISC-V support
  MAINTAINERS: Update Albert's email, he's back at Berkeley
  MAINTAINERS: Add myself as a maintainer for SiFive's drivers
  riscv: Fix the bug in memory access fixup code

3 years agoMerge tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:37:04 +0000 (06:37 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://git./virt/kvm/kvm

Pull more kvm updates from Paolo Bonzini:
 "Mostly the PPC part of the release, but also switching to Arnd's fix
  for the hyperv config issue and a typo fix.

  Main PPC changes:

   - reimplement the MMIO instruction emulation

   - transactional memory support for PR KVM

   - improve radix page table handling"

* tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm: (63 commits)
  KVM: x86: VMX: redo fix for link error without CONFIG_HYPERV
  KVM: x86: fix typo at kvm_arch_hardware_setup comment
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix failure status setting in tabort. emulation
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Enable use on POWER9 bare-metal hosts in HPT mode
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Don't let PAPR guest set MSR hypervisor bit
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix failure status setting in treclaim. emulation
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix MSR setting when delivering interrupts
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Handle additional interrupt types
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Enable kvmppc_get/set_one_reg_pr() for HTM registers
  KVM: PPC: Book3S: Remove load/put vcpu for KVM_GET_REGS/KVM_SET_REGS
  KVM: PPC: Remove load/put vcpu for KVM_GET/SET_ONE_REG ioctl
  KVM: PPC: Move vcpu_load/vcpu_put down to each ioctl case in kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Enable HTM for PR KVM for KVM_CHECK_EXTENSION ioctl
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Support TAR handling for PR KVM HTM
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Add guard code to prevent returning to guest with PR=0 and Transactional state
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Add emulation for tabort. in privileged state
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Add emulation for trechkpt.
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Add emulation for treclaim.
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Restore NV regs after emulating mfspr from TM SPRs
  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Always fail transactions in guest privileged state
  ...

3 years agoMerge tag 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 21:35:02 +0000 (06:35 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost

Pull virtio updates from Michael Tsirkin:
 "virtio, vhost: features, fixes

   - PCI virtual function support for virtio

   - DMA barriers for virtio strong barriers

   - bugfixes"

* tag 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost:
  virtio: update the comments for transport features
  virtio_pci: support enabling VFs
  vhost: fix info leak due to uninitialized memory
  virtio_ring: switch to dma_XX barriers for rpmsg

3 years agofix a series of Documentation/ broken file name references
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:34:32 +0000 (12:34 -0300)]
fix a series of Documentation/ broken file name references

As files move around, their previous links break. Fix the
references for them.

Acked-by: Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoDocumentation: rstFlatTable.py: fix a broken reference
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:33:06 +0000 (12:33 -0300)]
Documentation: rstFlatTable.py: fix a broken reference

The old HOWTO was removed a long time ago. The flat table
version is not metioned elsewhere, so just get rid of the
text.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoABI: sysfs-devices-system-cpu: remove a broken reference
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:32:05 +0000 (12:32 -0300)]
ABI: sysfs-devices-system-cpu: remove a broken reference

This file doesn't exist anymore:
Documentation/cpu-freq/user-guide.txt

As the ABI already points to Documentation/cpu-freq, just
remove the broken link and the associated text.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agodevicetree: fix a series of wrong file references
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:30:30 +0000 (12:30 -0300)]
devicetree: fix a series of wrong file references

As files got renamed, their references broke.

Manually fix a series of broken refs at the DT bindings.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agodevicetree: fix name of pinctrl-bindings.txt
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:24:41 +0000 (12:24 -0300)]
devicetree: fix name of pinctrl-bindings.txt

Rename:
pinctrl-binding.txt -> pinctrl-bindings.txt

In order to match the current name of this file.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agodevicetree: fix some bindings file names
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:39:01 +0000 (09:39 -0300)]
devicetree: fix some bindings file names

There were some file movements that changed the location for
some DT bindings. Fix them with:
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check --fix

After manually checking if the new file makes sense.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoMAINTAINERS: fix location of DT npcm files
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:59:37 +0000 (08:59 -0300)]
MAINTAINERS: fix location of DT npcm files

The specified locations are not right. Fix the wildcard logic
to point to the correct directories.

Without that, get-maintainer won't get things right:

$ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl --no-git-fallback --no-r --no-n --no-l -f Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/cpu-enable-method/nuvoton,npcm750-smp
robh+dt@kernel.org (maintainer:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS)
mark.rutland@arm.com (maintainer:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS)

After the patch, it will properly point to NPCM arch maintainers:
$ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl --no-git-fallback --no-r --no-n --no-l -f Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/cpu-enable-method/nuvoton,npcm750-smp
avifishman70@gmail.com (supporter:ARM/NUVOTON NPCM ARCHITECTURE)
tmaimon77@gmail.com (supporter:ARM/NUVOTON NPCM ARCHITECTURE)
robh+dt@kernel.org (maintainer:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS)
mark.rutland@arm.com (maintainer:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS)

Cc: Avi Fishman <avifishman70@gmail.com>
Cc: Tomer Maimon <tmaimon77@gmail.com>
Cc: Patrick Venture <venture@google.com>
Cc: Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com>
Cc: Brendan Higgins <brendanhiggins@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoMAINTAINERS: fix location of some display DT bindings
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:01:00 +0000 (08:01 -0300)]
MAINTAINERS: fix location of some display DT bindings

Those files got a manufacturer's name prepended and were moved around.
Adjust their references accordingly.

Also, due those movements, Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video
doesn't exist anymore.

Cc: David Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>
Cc: David Lechner <david@lechnology.com>
Cc: Peter Senna Tschudin <peter.senna@collabora.com>
Cc: Martin Donnelly <martin.donnelly@ge.com>
Cc: Martyn Welch <martyn.welch@collabora.co.uk>
Cc: Stefan Agner <stefan@agner.ch>
Cc: Alison Wang <alison.wang@nxp.com>
Cc: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agokernel-parameters.txt: fix pointers to sound parameters
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:43:07 +0000 (07:43 -0300)]
kernel-parameters.txt: fix pointers to sound parameters

The alsa parameters file was renamed to alsa-configuration.rst.

With regards to OSS, it got retired as a hole by  at changeset
727dede0ba8a ("sound: Retire OSS"). So, it doesn't make sense
to keep mentioning it at kernel-parameters.txt.

Fixes: 727dede0ba8a ("sound: Retire OSS")
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agobindings: nvmem/zii: Fix location of nvmem.txt
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:18:45 +0000 (07:18 -0300)]
bindings: nvmem/zii: Fix location of nvmem.txt

The location pointed there is missing "bindings/" on its path.

Acked-by: Srinivas Kandagatla <srinivas.kandagatla@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agodocs: Fix more broken references
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 18:14:57 +0000 (15:14 -0300)]
docs: Fix more broken references

As we move stuff around, some doc references are broken. Fix some of
them via this script:
./scripts/documentation-file-ref-check --fix

Manually checked that produced results are valid.

Acked-by: Matthias Brugger <matthias.bgg@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Acked-by: Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@intel.com>
Acked-by: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
Acked-by: Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: check tools/*/Documentation
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:06:08 +0000 (11:06 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: check tools/*/Documentation

Some files, like tools/memory-model/README has references to
a Documentation file that is locale to it. Handle references
that are relative to them too.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: get rid of false-positives
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:47:29 +0000 (10:47 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: get rid of false-positives

Now that the number of broken refs are smaller, improve the logic
that gets rid of false-positives.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: hint: dash or underline
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:14:54 +0000 (10:14 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: hint: dash or underline

Sometimes, people use dash instead of underline or vice-versa.
Try to autocorrect it.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: add a fix logic for DT
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:36:35 +0000 (09:36 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: add a fix logic for DT

There are several links broken due to DT file movements. Add
a hint logic to seek for those changes.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: accept more wildcards at filenames
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:48:22 +0000 (07:48 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: accept more wildcards at filenames

at MAINTAINERS, some filename paths use '?' and things like [7,9].
So, accept more wildcards, in order to avoid false-positives.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agoscripts/documentation-file-ref-check: fix help message
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:11:02 +0000 (07:11 -0300)]
scripts/documentation-file-ref-check: fix help message

The name of the --fix option was renamed, but it was not
changed at the quick help message.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agomedia: max2175: fix location of driver's companion documentation
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:34:51 +0000 (07:34 -0300)]
media: max2175: fix location of driver's companion documentation

There's a missing ".rst" at the doc's file name.

Acked-by: Ramesh Shanmugasundaram <Ramesh.shanmugasundaram@bp.renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agomedia: v4l: fix broken video4linux docs locations
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 22:41:44 +0000 (19:41 -0300)]
media: v4l: fix broken video4linux docs locations

There are several places pointing to old documentation files:

  Documentation/video4linux/API.html
  Documentation/video4linux/bttv/
  Documentation/video4linux/cx2341x/fw-encoder-api.txt
  Documentation/video4linux/m5602.txt
  Documentation/video4linux/v4l2-framework.txt
  Documentation/video4linux/videobuf
  Documentation/video4linux/Zoran

Make them point to the new location where available, removing
otherwise.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agomedia: dvb: point to the location of the old README.dvb-usb file
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 21:29:30 +0000 (18:29 -0300)]
media: dvb: point to the location of the old README.dvb-usb file

This file got renamed, but the references still point to the
old place.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agomedia: dvb: fix location of get_dvb_firmware script
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 21:10:05 +0000 (18:10 -0300)]
media: dvb: fix location of get_dvb_firmware script

This script was moved out of Documentation/dvb, but the
links weren't updated.

Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agodocs: Fix some broken references
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 18:14:57 +0000 (15:14 -0300)]
docs: Fix some broken references

As we move stuff around, some doc references are broken. Fix some of
them via this script:
./scripts/documentation-file-ref-check --fix

Manually checked if the produced result is valid, removing a few
false-positives.

Acked-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Acked-by: Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Stephen Boyd <sboyd@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Coly Li <colyli@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agodocs: fix broken references with multiple hints
Mauro Carvalho Chehab [Tue, 8 May 2018 21:54:36 +0000 (18:54 -0300)]
docs: fix broken references with multiple hints

The script:
./scripts/documentation-file-ref-check --fix

Gives multiple hints for broken references on some files.
Manually use the one that applies for some files.

Acked-by: Steven Rostedt (VMware) <rostedt@goodmis.org>
Acked-by: James Morris <james.morris@microsoft.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
3 years agonet: stmmac: Run HWIF Quirks after getting HW caps
Jose Abreu [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:17:27 +0000 (16:17 +0100)]
net: stmmac: Run HWIF Quirks after getting HW caps

Currently we were running HWIF quirks before getting HW capabilities.
This is not right because some HWIF callbacks depend on HW caps.

Lets save the quirks callback and use it in a later stage.

This fixes Altera socfpga.

Signed-off-by: Jose Abreu <joabreu@synopsys.com>
Fixes: 5f0456b43140 ("net: stmmac: Implement logic to automatically select HW Interface")
Reported-by: Dinh Nguyen <dinh.linux@gmail.com>
Cc: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Cc: Joao Pinto <jpinto@synopsys.com>
Cc: Vitor Soares <soares@synopsys.com>
Cc: Giuseppe Cavallaro <peppe.cavallaro@st.com>
Cc: Alexandre Torgue <alexandre.torgue@st.com>
Cc: Dinh Nguyen <dinh.linux@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoneighbour: skip NTF_EXT_LEARNED entries during forced gc
Roopa Prabhu [Wed, 13 Jun 2018 04:26:10 +0000 (21:26 -0700)]
neighbour: skip NTF_EXT_LEARNED entries during forced gc

Commit 9ce33e46531d ("neighbour: support for NTF_EXT_LEARNED flag")
added support for NTF_EXT_LEARNED for neighbour entries.
NTF_EXT_LEARNED entries are neigh entries managed by control
plane (eg: Ethernet VPN implementation in FRR routing suite).
Periodic gc already excludes these entries. This patch extends
it to forced gc which the earlier patch missed.

Fixes: 9ce33e46531d ("neighbour: support for NTF_EXT_LEARNED flag")
Signed-off-by: Roopa Prabhu <roopa@cumulusnetworks.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agonet: cxgb3: add error handling for sysfs_create_group
Zhouyang Jia [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 03:06:17 +0000 (11:06 +0800)]
net: cxgb3: add error handling for sysfs_create_group

When sysfs_create_group fails, the lack of error-handling code may
cause unexpected results.

This patch adds error-handling code after calling sysfs_create_group.

Signed-off-by: Zhouyang Jia <jiazhouyang09@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'tls-fixes'
David S. Miller [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:14:31 +0000 (09:14 -0700)]
Merge branch 'tls-fixes'

Daniel Borkmann says:

====================
Two tls fixes

First one is syzkaller trigered uaf and second one noticed
while writing test code with tls ulp. For details please see
individual patches.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agotls: fix waitall behavior in tls_sw_recvmsg
Daniel Borkmann [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 01:07:46 +0000 (03:07 +0200)]
tls: fix waitall behavior in tls_sw_recvmsg

Current behavior in tls_sw_recvmsg() is to wait for incoming tls
messages and copy up to exactly len bytes of data that the user
provided. This is problematic in the sense that i) if no packet
is currently queued in strparser we keep waiting until one has been
processed and pushed into tls receive layer for tls_wait_data() to
wake up and push the decrypted bits to user space. Given after
tls decryption, we're back at streaming data, use sock_rcvlowat()
hint from tcp socket instead. Retain current behavior with MSG_WAITALL
flag and otherwise use the hint target for breaking the loop and
returning to application. This is done if currently no ctx->recv_pkt
is ready, otherwise continue to process it from our strparser
backlog.

Fixes: c46234ebb4d1 ("tls: RX path for ktls")
Signed-off-by: Daniel Borkmann <daniel@iogearbox.net>
Acked-by: Dave Watson <davejwatson@fb.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agotls: fix use-after-free in tls_push_record
Daniel Borkmann [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 01:07:45 +0000 (03:07 +0200)]
tls: fix use-after-free in tls_push_record

syzkaller managed to trigger a use-after-free in tls like the
following:

  BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in tls_push_record.constprop.15+0x6a2/0x810 [tls]
  Write of size 1 at addr ffff88037aa08000 by task a.out/2317

  CPU: 3 PID: 2317 Comm: a.out Not tainted 4.17.0+ #144
  Hardware name: LENOVO 20FBCTO1WW/20FBCTO1WW, BIOS N1FET47W (1.21 ) 11/28/2016
  Call Trace:
   dump_stack+0x71/0xab
   print_address_description+0x6a/0x280
   kasan_report+0x258/0x380
   ? tls_push_record.constprop.15+0x6a2/0x810 [tls]
   tls_push_record.constprop.15+0x6a2/0x810 [tls]
   tls_sw_push_pending_record+0x2e/0x40 [tls]
   tls_sk_proto_close+0x3fe/0x710 [tls]
   ? tcp_check_oom+0x4c0/0x4c0
   ? tls_write_space+0x260/0x260 [tls]
   ? kmem_cache_free+0x88/0x1f0
   inet_release+0xd6/0x1b0
   __sock_release+0xc0/0x240
   sock_close+0x11/0x20
   __fput+0x22d/0x660
   task_work_run+0x114/0x1a0
   do_exit+0x71a/0x2780
   ? mm_update_next_owner+0x650/0x650
   ? handle_mm_fault+0x2f5/0x5f0
   ? __do_page_fault+0x44f/0xa50
   ? mm_fault_error+0x2d0/0x2d0
   do_group_exit+0xde/0x300
   __x64_sys_exit_group+0x3a/0x50
   do_syscall_64+0x9a/0x300
   ? page_fault+0x8/0x30
   entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

This happened through fault injection where aead_req allocation in
tls_do_encryption() eventually failed and we returned -ENOMEM from
the function. Turns out that the use-after-free is triggered from
tls_sw_sendmsg() in the second tls_push_record(). The error then
triggers a jump to waiting for memory in sk_stream_wait_memory()
resp. returning immediately in case of MSG_DONTWAIT. What follows is
the trim_both_sgl(sk, orig_size), which drops elements from the sg
list added via tls_sw_sendmsg(). Now the use-after-free gets triggered
when the socket is being closed, where tls_sk_proto_close() callback
is invoked. The tls_complete_pending_work() will figure that there's
a pending closed tls record to be flushed and thus calls into the
tls_push_pending_closed_record() from there. ctx->push_pending_record()
is called from the latter, which is the tls_sw_push_pending_record()
from sw path. This again calls into tls_push_record(). And here the
tls_fill_prepend() will panic since the buffer address has been freed
earlier via trim_both_sgl(). One way to fix it is to move the aead
request allocation out of tls_do_encryption() early into tls_push_record().
This means we don't prep the tls header and advance state to the
TLS_PENDING_CLOSED_RECORD before allocation which could potentially
fail happened. That fixes the issue on my side.

Fixes: 3c4d7559159b ("tls: kernel TLS support")
Reported-by: syzbot+5c74af81c547738e1684@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Reported-by: syzbot+709f2810a6a05f11d4d3@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Signed-off-by: Daniel Borkmann <daniel@iogearbox.net>
Acked-by: Dave Watson <davejwatson@fb.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'l2tp-l2tp_ppp-must-ignore-non-PPP-sessions'
David S. Miller [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:12:37 +0000 (09:12 -0700)]
Merge branch 'l2tp-l2tp_ppp-must-ignore-non-PPP-sessions'

Guillaume Nault says:

====================
l2tp: l2tp_ppp must ignore non-PPP sessions

The original L2TP code was written for version 2 of the protocol, which
could only carry PPP sessions. Then L2TPv3 generalised the protocol so that
it could transport different kinds of pseudo-wires. But parts of the
l2tp_ppp module still break in presence of non-PPP sessions.

Assuming L2TPv2 tunnels can only transport PPP sessions is right, but
l2tp_netlink failed to ensure that (fixed in patch 1).
When retrieving a session from an arbitrary tunnel, l2tp_ppp needs to
filter out non-PPP sessions (last occurrence fixed in patch 2).
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agol2tp: filter out non-PPP sessions in pppol2tp_tunnel_ioctl()
Guillaume Nault [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:39:19 +0000 (15:39 +0200)]
l2tp: filter out non-PPP sessions in pppol2tp_tunnel_ioctl()

pppol2tp_tunnel_ioctl() can act on an L2TPv3 tunnel, in which case
'session' may be an Ethernet pseudo-wire.

However, pppol2tp_session_ioctl() expects a PPP pseudo-wire, as it
assumes l2tp_session_priv() points to a pppol2tp_session structure. For
an Ethernet pseudo-wire l2tp_session_priv() points to an l2tp_eth_sess
structure instead, making pppol2tp_session_ioctl() access invalid
memory.

Fixes: d9e31d17ceba ("l2tp: Add L2TP ethernet pseudowire support")
Signed-off-by: Guillaume Nault <g.nault@alphalink.fr>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agol2tp: reject creation of non-PPP sessions on L2TPv2 tunnels
Guillaume Nault [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:39:17 +0000 (15:39 +0200)]
l2tp: reject creation of non-PPP sessions on L2TPv2 tunnels

The /proc/net/pppol2tp handlers (pppol2tp_seq_*()) iterate over all
L2TPv2 tunnels, and rightfully expect that only PPP sessions can be
found there. However, l2tp_netlink accepts creating Ethernet sessions
regardless of the underlying tunnel version.

This confuses pppol2tp_seq_session_show(), which expects that
l2tp_session_priv() returns a pppol2tp_session structure. When the
session is an Ethernet pseudo-wire, a struct l2tp_eth_sess is returned
instead. This leads to invalid memory access when
pppol2tp_session_get_sock() later tries to dereference ps->sk.

Fixes: d9e31d17ceba ("l2tp: Add L2TP ethernet pseudowire support")
Signed-off-by: Guillaume Nault <g.nault@alphalink.fr>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge branch 'mlxsw-IPv6-and-reference-counting-fixes'
David S. Miller [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:11:17 +0000 (09:11 -0700)]
Merge branch 'mlxsw-IPv6-and-reference-counting-fixes'

Ido Schimmel says:

====================
mlxsw: IPv6 and reference counting fixes

The first three patches fix a mismatch between the new IPv6 behavior
introduced in commit f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and
appending into multipath route") and mlxsw. The patches allow the driver
to support multipathing in IPv6 overlays with GRE tunnel devices. A
selftest will be submitted when net-next opens.

The last patch fixes a reference count problem of the port_vlan struct.
I plan to simplify the code in net-next, so that reference counting is
not necessary anymore.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agomlxsw: spectrum_switchdev: Fix port_vlan refcounting
Petr Machata [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:23:38 +0000 (16:23 +0300)]
mlxsw: spectrum_switchdev: Fix port_vlan refcounting

Switchdev notifications for addition of SWITCHDEV_OBJ_ID_PORT_VLAN are
distributed not only on clean addition, but also when flags on an
existing VLAN are changed. mlxsw_sp_bridge_port_vlan_add() calls
mlxsw_sp_port_vlan_get() to get at the port_vlan in question, which
implicitly references the object. This then leads to discrepancies in
reference counting when the VLAN is removed. spectrum.c warns about the
problem when the module is removed:

[13578.493090] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 2454 at drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/spectrum.c:2973 mlxsw_sp_port_remove+0xfd/0x110 [mlxsw_spectrum]
[...]
[13578.627106] Call Trace:
[13578.629617]  mlxsw_sp_fini+0x2a/0xe0 [mlxsw_spectrum]
[13578.634748]  mlxsw_core_bus_device_unregister+0x3e/0x130 [mlxsw_core]
[13578.641290]  mlxsw_pci_remove+0x13/0x40 [mlxsw_pci]
[13578.646238]  pci_device_remove+0x31/0xb0
[13578.650244]  device_release_driver_internal+0x14f/0x220
[13578.655562]  driver_detach+0x32/0x70
[13578.659183]  bus_remove_driver+0x47/0xa0
[13578.663134]  pci_unregister_driver+0x1e/0x80
[13578.667486]  mlxsw_sp_module_exit+0xc/0x3fa [mlxsw_spectrum]
[13578.673207]  __x64_sys_delete_module+0x13b/0x1e0
[13578.677888]  ? exit_to_usermode_loop+0x78/0x80
[13578.682374]  do_syscall_64+0x39/0xe0
[13578.685976]  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xa9

Fix by putting the port_vlan when mlxsw_sp_port_vlan_bridge_join()
determines it's a flag-only change.

Fixes: b3529af6bb0d ("spectrum: Reference count VLAN entries")
Signed-off-by: Petr Machata <petrm@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agomlxsw: spectrum_router: Align with new route replace logic
Ido Schimmel [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:23:37 +0000 (16:23 +0300)]
mlxsw: spectrum_router: Align with new route replace logic

Commit f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending
into multipath route") changed the IPv6 route replace logic so that the
first matching route (i.e., same metric) is replaced.

Have mlxsw replace the first matching route as well.

Fixes: f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending into multipath route")
Signed-off-by: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agomlxsw: spectrum_router: Allow appending to dev-only routes
Ido Schimmel [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:23:36 +0000 (16:23 +0300)]
mlxsw: spectrum_router: Allow appending to dev-only routes

Commit f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending
into multipath route") changed the IPv6 route append logic so that
dev-only routes can be appended and not only gatewayed routes.

Align mlxsw with the new behaviour.

Fixes: f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending into multipath route")
Signed-off-by: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoipv6: Only emit append events for appended routes
Ido Schimmel [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:23:35 +0000 (16:23 +0300)]
ipv6: Only emit append events for appended routes

Current code will emit an append event in the FIB notification chain for
any route added with NLM_F_APPEND set, even if the route was not
appended to any existing route.

This is inconsistent with IPv4 where such an event is only emitted when
the new route is appended after an existing one.

Align IPv6 behavior with IPv4, thereby allowing listeners to more easily
handle these events.

Fixes: f34436a43092 ("net/ipv6: Simplify route replace and appending into multipath route")
Signed-off-by: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Acked-by: David Ahern <dsahern@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
3 years agoMerge tag 'mac80211-for-davem-2018-06-15' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kerne...
David S. Miller [Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:08:26 +0000 (09:08 -0700)]
Merge tag 'mac80211-for-davem-2018-06-15' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jberg/mac80211

Johannes Berg says:

====================
A handful of fixes:
 * missing RCU grace period enforcement led to drivers freeing
   data structures before; fix from Dedy Lansky.
 * hwsim module init error paths were messed up; fixed it myself
   after a report from Colin King (who had sent a partial patch)
 * kernel-doc tag errors; fix from Luca Coelho
 * initialize the on-stack sinfo data structure when getting
   station information; fix from Sven Eckelmann
 * TXQ state dumping is now done from init, and when TXQs aren't
   initialized yet at that point, bad things happen, move the
   initialization; fix from Toke Høiland-Jørgensen.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>