muen/linux.git
2 years agoMerge tag 'at91-4.21-soc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/at91/linux...
Olof Johansson [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:38:50 +0000 (13:38 -0800)]
Merge tag 'at91-4.21-soc' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/at91/linux into next/drivers

AT91 SoC for 4.21:

 - Add new SoC IDs

* tag 'at91-4.21-soc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/at91/linux:
  ARM: at91: add support in soc driver for new SAM9X60
  ARM: at91: add support in soc driver for LPDDR2 SiP

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'amlogic-drivers-2' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Olof Johansson [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:34:14 +0000 (13:34 -0800)]
Merge tag 'amlogic-drivers-2' of https://git./linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-amlogic into next/drivers

soc: amlogic: updates for v4.21, round 2
- meson-clk-measure: Add missing REGMAP_MMIO dependency

* tag 'amlogic-drivers-2' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-amlogic:
  soc: amlogic: meson-clk-measure: Add missing REGMAP_MMIO dependency

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'imx-drivers-4.21' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shawngu...
Olof Johansson [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:33:06 +0000 (13:33 -0800)]
Merge tag 'imx-drivers-4.21' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/shawnguo/linux into next/drivers

i.MX drivers change for 4.21:
 - A series from Aisheng that improves SCU power domain bindings by
   defining '#power-domain-cells' as 1, and adds i.MX8 SCU power domain
   driver support on top of it.
 - A series from Lucas that updates gpcv2 driver for scalability and
   adds i.MX8MQ support into the driver.
 - Increase gpc driver GPC_CLK_MAX definition to 7, as DISPLAY power
   domain on imx6sx has 7 clocks.

* tag 'imx-drivers-4.21' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shawnguo/linux:
  soc: imx: gpc: Increase GPC_CLK_MAX to 7
  soc: imx: gpcv2: add support for i.MX8MQ SoC
  soc: imx: gpcv2: move register access table to domain data
  soc: imx: gpcv2: prefix i.MX7 specific defines
  firmware: imx: add SCU power domain driver
  firmware: imx: add pm svc headfile
  dt-bindings: fsl: scu: update power domain binding
  firmware: imx: remove resource id enums
  dt-bindings: imx: add scu resource id headfile

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'v4.20-next-soc' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/matthia...
Olof Johansson [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:32:27 +0000 (13:32 -0800)]
Merge tag 'v4.20-next-soc' of https://git./linux/kernel/git/matthias.bgg/linux into next/drivers

add helper functions to create and send commands to
the global command engine (GCE) device using the
command queue driver (cmdq).

* tag 'v4.20-next-soc' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/matthias.bgg/linux:
  soc: mediatek: Add Mediatek CMDQ helper

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'sunxi-drivers-for-4.21' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Olof Johansson [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:31:43 +0000 (13:31 -0800)]
Merge tag 'sunxi-drivers-for-4.21' of https://git./linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux into next/drivers

Allwinner drivers changes for 4.21

Those patches are all about our SRAM driver, to enable new SoCs: the
F1c100s, the H5 and the A64 C1 SRAM, that is used by the video decoding
engine.

* tag 'sunxi-drivers-for-4.21' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux:
  dt-bindings: sram: sunxi: Add compatible for the A64 SRAM C1
  dt-bindings: sram: sunxi: Add bindings for the H5 with SRAM C1
  dt-bindings: sram: Add Allwinner suniv F1C100s
  soc: sunxi: sram: Add support for the H5 SoC system control
  soc: sunxi: sram: Enable EMAC clock access for H3 variant
  soc: sunxi: Change to use DEFINE_SHOW_ATTRIBUTE macro

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'tegra-for-4.21-firmware' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Olof Johansson [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:29:26 +0000 (13:29 -0800)]
Merge tag 'tegra-for-4.21-firmware' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux into next/drivers

firmware: tegra: Changes for v4.21-rc1

These changes update the BPMP ABI header and implement a new variant of
the BPMP firmware version tag query if supported.

* tag 'tegra-for-4.21-firmware' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux:
  firmware: tegra: Use in-band messages for firmware version query
  soc/tegra: bpmp: Update ABI header
  firmware: tegra: Print version tag at full
  firmware: tegra: Switch to global mrq_is_supported()
  firmware: tegra: Add helper to check for supported MRQs

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'tegra-for-4.21-soc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra...
Olof Johansson [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:28:24 +0000 (13:28 -0800)]
Merge tag 'tegra-for-4.21-soc' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux into next/drivers

soc/tegra: Changes for v4.21-rc1

These changes are mostly cleanups to the PMC driver, but they also add
support for wake events on Tegra186 and Tegra194, which can be used to
wake the system from sleep. With this and the corresponding device
tree additions suspend/resume is finally working on these SoCs.

* tag 'tegra-for-4.21-soc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux:
  soc/tegra: pmc: Add initial Tegra194 wake events
  soc/tegra: pmc: Add initial Tegra186 wake events
  soc/tegra: pmc: Add wake event support
  soc/tegra: pmc: Add Tegra194 support
  soc/tegra: pmc: Change to use DEFINE_SHOW_ATTRIBUTE macro
  soc/tegra: Don't leak device tree node reference
  soc/tegra: fuse: Remove duplicated function declaration
  soc/tegra: pmc: Drop locking from tegra_powergate_is_powered()
  soc/tegra: pmc: Add sysfs entries for reset info
  soc/tegra: pmc: Don't power-up XUSB power-domains

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'renesas-drivers-for-v4.21' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Olof Johansson [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:27:40 +0000 (13:27 -0800)]
Merge tag 'renesas-drivers-for-v4.21' of https://git./linux/kernel/git/horms/renesas into next/drivers

Renesas ARM Based SoC Drivers Updates for v4.21

SYSC Driver:
* Common
  - Fix power domain control after system resume
  - Merge PM Domain registration and linking
  - Remove rcar_sysc_power_{down,up}() helpers
* R-Car E3 (r8a77990) SoC
  - Fix initialization order of 3DG-{A,B}
* R-Car V3H (r8a77980) SoC
  - Correct A3VIP[012] power domain hierarchy
  - Correct names of A2DP[01] power domains
* R-Car V3M (r8a77970) SoC
  - Correct names of A2DP/A2CN power domains
  - emove non-existent CR7 power domain
* R-Car M3-N (r8a77965) SoC
  - Remove non-existent A3IR power domain

* tag 'renesas-drivers-for-v4.21' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/horms/renesas:
  soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Fix power domain control after system resume
  soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Merge PM Domain registration and linking
  soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Remove rcar_sysc_power_{down,up}() helpers
  soc: renesas: r8a77990-sysc: Fix initialization order of 3DG-{A,B}
  soc: renesas: r8a77980-sysc: Correct A3VIP[012] power domain hierarchy
  soc: renesas: r8a77980-sysc: Correct names of A2DP[01] power domains
  soc: renesas: r8a77970-sysc: Correct names of A2DP/A2CN power domains
  soc: renesas: r8a77970-sysc: Remove non-existent CR7 power domain
  soc: renesas: r8a77965-sysc: Remove non-existent A3IR power domain

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'pxa-for-4.21' of https://github.com/rjarzmik/linux into next/drivers
Olof Johansson [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:26:49 +0000 (13:26 -0800)]
Merge tag 'pxa-for-4.21' of https://github.com/rjarzmik/linux into next/drivers

This pxa update brings only a single patch, finishing the
dmaengine conversion.

* tag 'pxa-for-4.21' of https://github.com/rjarzmik/linux:
  dmaengine: pxa: make the filter function internal

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoARM: at91: add support in soc driver for new SAM9X60
Sandeep Sheriker Mallikarjun [Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:41:10 +0000 (11:41 +0100)]
ARM: at91: add support in soc driver for new SAM9X60

Add detection of new SAM9X60 by this soc.c driver.

Signed-off-by: Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@microchip.com>
[nicolas.ferre@microchip.com: split patch]
Signed-off-by: Sandeep Sheriker Mallikarjun <sandeepsheriker.mallikarjun@microchip.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexandre Belloni <alexandre.belloni@bootlin.com>
2 years agoARM: at91: add support in soc driver for LPDDR2 SiP
Nicolas Ferre [Wed, 28 Nov 2018 11:00:35 +0000 (12:00 +0100)]
ARM: at91: add support in soc driver for LPDDR2 SiP

Add some more SiP components to be detected by this soc.c driver.

Signed-off-by: Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@microchip.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexandre Belloni <alexandre.belloni@bootlin.com>
2 years agosoc: amlogic: meson-clk-measure: Add missing REGMAP_MMIO dependency
Corentin Labbe [Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:45:55 +0000 (19:45 +0000)]
soc: amlogic: meson-clk-measure: Add missing REGMAP_MMIO dependency

This patchs adds a missing dependency on REGMAP_MMIO.
This cause the following build failure on SPARC:
drivers/soc/amlogic/meson-clk-measure.o: In function `meson_msr_probe':
meson-clk-measure.c:(.text+0xc4): undefined reference to `__devm_regmap_init_mmio_clk'

Signed-off-by: Corentin Labbe <clabbe@baylibre.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
2 years agosoc: imx: gpc: Increase GPC_CLK_MAX to 7
Leonard Crestez [Mon, 8 Oct 2018 18:06:19 +0000 (18:06 +0000)]
soc: imx: gpc: Increase GPC_CLK_MAX to 7

The DISPLAY power domain on imx6sx has 7 clocks.

Signed-off-by: Leonard Crestez <leonard.crestez@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
2 years agosoc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Fix power domain control after system resume
Geert Uytterhoeven [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:39:45 +0000 (16:39 +0100)]
soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Fix power domain control after system resume

To control power to a power domain, the System Controller (SYSC) needs
the corresponding interrupt source to be enabled, but masked, to prevent
the CPU from receiving it.

Currently this is handled in the driver's probe() routine, and set up
for every domain present, even if it will not be controlled directly by
SYSC (CPU domains are powered through the APMU on R-Car Gen2 and later).

On R-Car Gen3, PSCI powers down the SoC during system suspend, thus
losing any configured interrupt state.  Hence after system resume, power
domains not controlled through the APMU (e.g. A3IR, A3VC, A3VP) fail to
power up.

Fix this by replacing the global interrupt setup in the probe() routine
by a domain-specific interrupt setup in rcar_sysc_power(), where the
domain's power is actually controlled.  This brings the code more in
line with the flowchart in the Hardware User's Manual.

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
2 years agosoc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Merge PM Domain registration and linking
Geert Uytterhoeven [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:39:44 +0000 (16:39 +0100)]
soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Merge PM Domain registration and linking

Commit 977d5ba4507dfe5b ("soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Make PM domain
initialization more robust") split PM Domain registration and the
linking of children to their parents, to accommodate PM Domain tables
that list child domains before their parents.

However, this failed to realize that parent power domains must be
powered up before their children anyway, and that this thus must be
reflected by the order in the PM Domain tables.

Revert the split, as it did not help anyway.

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
2 years agosoc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Remove rcar_sysc_power_{down,up}() helpers
Geert Uytterhoeven [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:39:43 +0000 (16:39 +0100)]
soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Remove rcar_sysc_power_{down,up}() helpers

Until commit 7e8a50df26f4e700 ("soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Drop legacy
handling"), the rcar_sysc_power_{down,up}() helpers were public, as they
were called by the legacy (pre-DT) CPU power management code on R-Car H1
and R-Car Gen2 before.

As they are just one-line wrappers around rcar_sysc_power(), it makes
sense to just remove them.

This also avoids a bool/helper/bool conversion in rcar_sysc_power_cpu(),
where a bool is checked to call one of two helper functions, which
just call rcar_sysc_power() with hardcoded boolean values again.

Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
2 years agosoc: renesas: r8a77990-sysc: Fix initialization order of 3DG-{A,B}
Geert Uytterhoeven [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 15:39:42 +0000 (16:39 +0100)]
soc: renesas: r8a77990-sysc: Fix initialization order of 3DG-{A,B}

The workaround for the wrong hierarchy of the 3DG-{A,B} power
domains on R-Car E3 ES1.0 corrected the parent domains.
However, the 3DG-{A,B} power domains were still initialized and powered
in the wrong order, causing 3DG operation to fail.

Fix this by changing the order in the table at runtime, when running on
an affected SoC.

Fixes: 086b399965a7ee7e ("soc: renesas: r8a77990-sysc: Add workaround for 3DG-{A,B}")
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
2 years agodt-bindings: sram: sunxi: Add compatible for the A64 SRAM C1
Paul Kocialkowski [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 09:24:38 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
dt-bindings: sram: sunxi: Add compatible for the A64 SRAM C1

This introduces a new compatible for the A64 SRAM C1 section, that is
compatible with the SRAM C1 section as found on the A10.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Acked-by: Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@csie.org>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
2 years agodt-bindings: sram: sunxi: Add bindings for the H5 with SRAM C1
Paul Kocialkowski [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 09:24:34 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
dt-bindings: sram: sunxi: Add bindings for the H5 with SRAM C1

This introduces new bindings for the H5 SoC in the SRAM controller.
Because the SRAM layout is different from other SoCs, no backward
compatibility is assumed with any of them.

However, the C1 SRAM section alone looks similar to previous SoCs,
so it is compatible with the initial A10 binding.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Acked-by: Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@csie.org>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
2 years agodt-bindings: sram: Add Allwinner suniv F1C100s
Mesih Kilinc [Sun, 2 Dec 2018 20:23:48 +0000 (23:23 +0300)]
dt-bindings: sram: Add Allwinner suniv F1C100s

The suniv ARMv5 F1C100s chip has similar sram controller to sun4i A10.
Add compatible string for it.

Signed-off-by: Mesih Kilinc <mesihkilinc@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
2 years agosoc: sunxi: sram: Add support for the H5 SoC system control
Paul Kocialkowski [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 09:24:35 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
soc: sunxi: sram: Add support for the H5 SoC system control

This adds the H5 SoC compatible to the list of device-tree matches for
the SRAM driver. Since the variant is the same as the A64 (that precedes
the H5), the same variant description is used.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
2 years agosoc: sunxi: sram: Enable EMAC clock access for H3 variant
Paul Kocialkowski [Wed, 5 Dec 2018 09:24:33 +0000 (10:24 +0100)]
soc: sunxi: sram: Enable EMAC clock access for H3 variant

Just like the A64 and H5, the H3 SoC uses the system control block
to enable the EMAC clock.

Add a variant structure definition for the H3 and use it over the A10
one. This will allow using the H3-specific binding for the syscon node
attached to the EMAC instead of the generic syscon binding.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Reviewed-by: Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@csie.org>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
2 years agosoc: imx: gpcv2: add support for i.MX8MQ SoC
Lucas Stach [Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:49:27 +0000 (16:49 +0100)]
soc: imx: gpcv2: add support for i.MX8MQ SoC

The GPCv2 on the Freescale i.MX8MQ SoC works in the same way as the
GPCv2 on the i.MX7, but only controls more power domains with a
different mapping.

Signed-off-by: Lucas Stach <l.stach@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
2 years agosoc: imx: gpcv2: move register access table to domain data
Lucas Stach [Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:49:26 +0000 (16:49 +0100)]
soc: imx: gpcv2: move register access table to domain data

The valid register ranges are defined by the implemented power domains,
which are different between the individual SoCs where the GPCv2 is used.

Signed-off-by: Lucas Stach <l.stach@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
2 years agosoc: imx: gpcv2: prefix i.MX7 specific defines
Lucas Stach [Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:49:25 +0000 (16:49 +0100)]
soc: imx: gpcv2: prefix i.MX7 specific defines

So we can add i.MX8M support without introducing name clashes.

Signed-off-by: Lucas Stach <l.stach@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
2 years agodmaengine: pxa: make the filter function internal
Robert Jarzmik [Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:02:15 +0000 (19:02 +0200)]
dmaengine: pxa: make the filter function internal

As the pxa architecture and all its related drivers do not rely anymore
on the filter function, thanks to the slave map conversion, make
pxad_filter_fn() static, and remove it from the global namespace.

Signed-off-by: Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarzmik@free.fr>
Acked-by: Vinod Koul <vkoul@kernel.org>
2 years agoMerge tag 'qcom-drivers-for-4.21' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Olof Johansson [Mon, 3 Dec 2018 21:10:10 +0000 (13:10 -0800)]
Merge tag 'qcom-drivers-for-4.21' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/agross/linux into next/drivers

Qualcomm ARM Based Driver Updates for v4.21

* Fix llcc license, includes, and error checks
* Remove use of memcpy in cmd-db and fix API breakage
* Add QCS404 compatible to SMD-RPM
* Minor fixes for QMI
* Add irq clear handling in QCOM Geni SE during init

* tag 'qcom-drivers-for-4.21' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agross/linux:
  drm: msm: Check cmd_db_read_aux_data() for failure
  soc: qcom: smd-rpm: Add QCS404 compatible
  soc: qcom: llcc-slice: Remove duplicated include from llcc-slice.c
  soc: qcom: cmd-db: Stop memcpy()ing in cmd_db_read_aux_data()
  soc: qcom: cmd-db: Remove memcpy()ing from cmd_db_get_header()
  soc: qcom: Drop help text for QCOM_QMI_HELPERS
  soc: qcom: qmi_interface: Limit txn ids to U16_MAX
  soc: qcom: llcc-slice: Add error checks for API functions
  soc: qcom/llcc: add MODULE_LICENSE tag
  soc: qcom: Add irq clear handling during SE init

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'arm-soc/for-4.21/drivers' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux into...
Olof Johansson [Mon, 3 Dec 2018 21:06:27 +0000 (13:06 -0800)]
Merge tag 'arm-soc/for-4.21/drivers' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux into next/drivers

This pull request contains Broadcom ARM/ARM64/MIPS SoCs drivers changes
for 4.21, please pull the following changes:

- James fixes the firmware interface after a commit changed the use of
  VLA and broke large transfers

- Stefan adds a timeout check for Raspberry Pi firmware transactions and
  updates a bunch of SoC/firmware files to use SPDX tags

- Wolfram switches the GISB bus arbiter to use dev_get_drvdata()

- Yangtao provides a fix for a reference leak due to a call to
  of_find_node_by_path()

- Florian fixes the CPU re-entry point out of S3 suspend with kernels
  built in Thumb2 mode

* tag 'arm-soc/for-4.21/drivers' of https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux:
  soc: bcm: brcmstb: Don't leak device tree node reference
  firmware: raspberrypi: Switch to SPDX identifier
  firmware: raspberrypi: Fix firmware calls with large buffers
  soc: bcm: Switch raspberrypi-power to SPDX identifier
  firmware: raspberrypi: Define timeout for transactions
  bus: brcmstb_gisb: simplify getting .driver_data
  soc: bcm: brcmstb: Fix re-entry point with a THUMB2_KERNEL

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agosoc: mediatek: Add Mediatek CMDQ helper
Houlong Wei [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 03:37:09 +0000 (11:37 +0800)]
soc: mediatek: Add Mediatek CMDQ helper

Add Mediatek CMDQ helper to create CMDQ packet and assemble GCE op code.

Signed-off-by: Houlong Wei <houlong.wei@mediatek.com>
Signed-off-by: HS Liao <hs.liao@mediatek.com>
Signed-off-by: Matthias Brugger <matthias.bgg@gmail.com>
2 years agoMerge tag 'omap-for-v4.21/driver-signed' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Olof Johansson [Fri, 30 Nov 2018 23:50:23 +0000 (15:50 -0800)]
Merge tag 'omap-for-v4.21/driver-signed' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap into next/drivers

Driver changes for omaps for v4.21 merge window

Few SoC related driver changes to add PRCM as the wake-up source
for wkup_m3_ipc driver, and to improve ti-sysc driver for dra7
mcasp and device detection when debug is enabled.

There is also a non-critical fix for ti-sysc to fix handling of
the optional clocks but this can wait for the merge window no problem.

* tag 'omap-for-v4.21/driver-signed' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap:
  soc: ti: wkup_m3: Add PRCM int16 as the wake up source
  bus: ti-sysc: Detect devices for debug on omap5
  bus: ti-sysc: Add mcasp optional clocks flag
  bus: ti-sysc: Fix getting optional clocks in clock_roles

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'amlogic-drivers' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilma...
Olof Johansson [Fri, 30 Nov 2018 23:47:23 +0000 (15:47 -0800)]
Merge tag 'amlogic-drivers' of https://git./linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-amlogic into next/drivers

Amlogic SoC drivers for v4.21
- new clock measurement driver and bindings
- COMPILE_TEST fix

* tag 'amlogic-drivers' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-amlogic:
  soc: amlogic: Add Meson Clock Measure driver
  dt-bindings: amlogic: Add Internal Clock Measurer bindings
  drivers: soc: Allow building the amlogic drivers without ARCH_MESON

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agoMerge tag 'v4.21-rockchip-drivers-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Olof Johansson [Fri, 30 Nov 2018 23:36:07 +0000 (15:36 -0800)]
Merge tag 'v4.21-rockchip-drivers-1' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mmind/linux-rockchip into next/drivers

Powerdomain support for rk3066 and rk3188.

* tag 'v4.21-rockchip-drivers-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mmind/linux-rockchip:
  soc: rockchip: power-domain: add rk3066 powerdomains
  soc: rockchip: power-domain: add rk3188 powerdomains
  dt-bindings: add compatibles for rk3066/rk3188 power controllers
  dt-bindings: add power-domain header for RK3066 SoCs
  dt-bindings: add power-domain header for RK3188 SoCs

Signed-off-by: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
2 years agosoc: renesas: r8a77980-sysc: Correct A3VIP[012] power domain hierarchy
Geert Uytterhoeven [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 10:56:18 +0000 (11:56 +0100)]
soc: renesas: r8a77980-sysc: Correct A3VIP[012] power domain hierarchy

The R-Car Gen3 HardWare Manual Errata for Rev. 0.80 (Feb 28, 2018)
renamed the A3VIP power domain on R-Car V3H to A3VIP0, and clarified the
power domain hierarchy for the A3VIP[012] power domains.

As the definition for the A3VIP0 domain is not yet used from DT, it can
just be renamed.

Fixes: 7755b40d07a8dba7 ("dt-bindings: power: add R8A77980 SYSC power domain definitions")
Fixes: 41d6d8bd8ae94ca9 ("soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: add R8A77980 support")
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
2 years agosoc: renesas: r8a77980-sysc: Correct names of A2DP[01] power domains
Geert Uytterhoeven [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 10:56:17 +0000 (11:56 +0100)]
soc: renesas: r8a77980-sysc: Correct names of A2DP[01] power domains

The R-Car Gen3 HardWare Manual Errata for Rev. 0.80 (Feb 28, 2018)
renamed the A2PD0 and A2DP0 power domains on R-Car V3H to A2DP0 resp.
A2DP1.

As these definitions are not yet used from DT, they can just be renamed.

Fixes: 7755b40d07a8dba7 ("dt-bindings: power: add R8A77980 SYSC power domain definitions")
Fixes: 41d6d8bd8ae94ca9 ("soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: add R8A77980 support")
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
2 years agosoc: renesas: r8a77970-sysc: Correct names of A2DP/A2CN power domains
Geert Uytterhoeven [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 10:56:16 +0000 (11:56 +0100)]
soc: renesas: r8a77970-sysc: Correct names of A2DP/A2CN power domains

The R-Car Gen3 HardWare Manual Errata for Rev. 0.80 (Feb 28, 2018)
renamed the A2IR2 and A2IR3 power domains on R-Car V3M to A2DP resp.
A2CN.

As these definitions are not yet used from DT, they can just be renamed.

While at it, fix the indentation of the A3IR definition.

Fixes: 833bdb47c826a1a6 ("dt-bindings: power: add R8A77970 SYSC power domain definitions")
Fixes: bab9b2a74fe9da96 ("soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: add R8A77970 support")
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
2 years agosoc: renesas: r8a77970-sysc: Remove non-existent CR7 power domain
Geert Uytterhoeven [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 10:56:15 +0000 (11:56 +0100)]
soc: renesas: r8a77970-sysc: Remove non-existent CR7 power domain

The R-Car Gen3 HardWare Manual Errata for Rev. 0.80 (Feb 28, 2018)
removed the CR7 power domain on R-Car V3M, as this SoC does not have an
ARM Cortex-R7 Realtime Core.

As this definition was never used from DT, it can just be removed.

Fixes: 833bdb47c826a1a6 ("dt-bindings: power: add R8A77970 SYSC power domain definitions")
Fixes: bab9b2a74fe9da96 ("soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: add R8A77970 support")
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
2 years agosoc: renesas: r8a77965-sysc: Remove non-existent A3IR power domain
Geert Uytterhoeven [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 10:56:14 +0000 (11:56 +0100)]
soc: renesas: r8a77965-sysc: Remove non-existent A3IR power domain

The R-Car Gen3 HardWare Manual Errata for Rev. 0.80 (Feb 28, 2018)
removed the A3IR power domain on R-Car M3-N, as this SoC does not have
an Image Processing Unit (IMP-X5).

The definition in the DT bindings header cannot be removed yet, until
its (incorrect) user has been removed.

Fixes: a527709b78b3c997 ("soc: renesas: rcar-sysc: Add R-Car M3-N support")
Signed-off-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert+renesas@glider.be>
Signed-off-by: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>
2 years agodrm: msm: Check cmd_db_read_aux_data() for failure
Stephen Boyd [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 16:38:26 +0000 (08:38 -0800)]
drm: msm: Check cmd_db_read_aux_data() for failure

We need to check the call to cmd_db_read_aux_data() for the error case,
so that we don't continue and use potentially uninitialized values for
'pri_count' and 'sec_count'. Otherwise, we get the following compiler
warnings:

   drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a6xx_gmu.c: In function 'a6xx_gmu_rpmh_arc_votes_init.isra.12':
   drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a6xx_gmu.c:943:12: warning: 'pri_count' is used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
     pri_count >>= 1;
               ^~~
   drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a6xx_gmu.c:948:12: warning: 'sec_count' may be used uninitialized in this function
[-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
     sec_count >>= 1;
               ^~~

Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Reported-by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
Cc: Jordan Crouse <jcrouse@codeaurora.org>
Cc: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
Cc: Evan Green <evgreen@chromium.org>
Cc: Jordan Crouse <jcrouse@codeaurora.org>
Cc: Rob Clark <robdclark@gmail.com>
Fixes: ed3cafa79ea7 ("soc: qcom: cmd-db: Stop memcpy()ing in cmd_db_read_aux_data()")
Signed-off-by: Stephen Boyd <swboyd@chromium.org>
Reviewed-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Rob Clark <robdclark@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agoMerge branch 'omap-for-v4.21/ti-sysc' into omap-for-v4.21/driver
Tony Lindgren [Thu, 29 Nov 2018 19:39:23 +0000 (11:39 -0800)]
Merge branch 'omap-for-v4.21/ti-sysc' into omap-for-v4.21/driver

2 years agosoc: qcom: smd-rpm: Add QCS404 compatible
Bjorn Andersson [Thu, 20 Sep 2018 01:45:40 +0000 (18:45 -0700)]
soc: qcom: smd-rpm: Add QCS404 compatible

This patch adds a compatible for the rpm on the Qualcomm QCS404 platform.

Signed-off-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Vinod Koul <vkoul@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agosoc: amlogic: Add Meson Clock Measure driver
Neil Armstrong [Sun, 18 Nov 2018 13:50:23 +0000 (14:50 +0100)]
soc: amlogic: Add Meson Clock Measure driver

The Amlogic Meson SoCs embeds a clock measurer IP to measure the internal
clock paths frequencies.
The precision is determined by stepping into the duration until the counter
overflows.
The debugfs slows a pretty summary and each clock can be measured
individually aswell.

Cc: Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl@googlemail.com>
Signed-off-by: Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com>
Reviewed-by: Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl@googlemail.com>
Tested-by: Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl@googlemail.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
2 years agodt-bindings: amlogic: Add Internal Clock Measurer bindings
Neil Armstrong [Sun, 18 Nov 2018 13:53:10 +0000 (14:53 +0100)]
dt-bindings: amlogic: Add Internal Clock Measurer bindings

The Amlogic Meson SoCs embeds a clock measurer IP to measure the internal
clock paths frequencies.

Acked-by: Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl@googlemail.com>
Signed-off-by: Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
2 years agosoc: qcom: llcc-slice: Remove duplicated include from llcc-slice.c
YueHaibing [Mon, 19 Nov 2018 01:57:15 +0000 (01:57 +0000)]
soc: qcom: llcc-slice: Remove duplicated include from llcc-slice.c

Remove duplicated include.

Signed-off-by: YueHaibing <yuehaibing@huawei.com>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agosoc: bcm: brcmstb: Don't leak device tree node reference
Yangtao Li [Sat, 24 Nov 2018 14:52:23 +0000 (09:52 -0500)]
soc: bcm: brcmstb: Don't leak device tree node reference

of_find_node_by_path() acquires a reference to the node returned by it
and that reference needs to be dropped by its caller. soc_is_brcmstb()
doesn't do that, so fix it.

[treding: slightly rewrite to avoid inline comparison]

Fixes: d52fad262041 ("soc: add stubs for brcmstb SoC's")
Signed-off-by: Yangtao Li <tiny.windzz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
2 years agosoc/tegra: pmc: Add initial Tegra194 wake events
Thierry Reding [Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:42:37 +0000 (18:42 +0200)]
soc/tegra: pmc: Add initial Tegra194 wake events

Tegra194 supports 96 wake events in total. Many of them are never used,
so only the most common ones (RTC alarm and power key) are currently
defined.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2 years agosoc/tegra: pmc: Add initial Tegra186 wake events
Thierry Reding [Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:41:59 +0000 (18:41 +0200)]
soc/tegra: pmc: Add initial Tegra186 wake events

Tegra186 support 96 wake events in total. Many of them are never used,
so only the most common ones (RTC alarm and power key) are currently
defined.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2 years agosoc/tegra: pmc: Add wake event support
Thierry Reding [Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:08:17 +0000 (15:08 +0200)]
soc/tegra: pmc: Add wake event support

The power management controller has top-level controls that allow
certain interrupts (such as from the RTC or a subset of GPIOs) to
wake the system from sleep. Implement infrastructure to support
these wake events.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2 years agosoc/tegra: pmc: Add Tegra194 support
Thierry Reding [Thu, 25 Jan 2018 12:43:45 +0000 (14:43 +0200)]
soc/tegra: pmc: Add Tegra194 support

The PMC controller on Tegra194 has a couple of new I/O pads and drops
others compared to Tegra186.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2 years agoMerge tag 'tags/bcm2835-drivers-next-2018-11-27' into drivers/next
Florian Fainelli [Tue, 27 Nov 2018 23:25:25 +0000 (15:25 -0800)]
Merge tag 'tags/bcm2835-drivers-next-2018-11-27' into drivers/next

This pull request adds SPDX to BCM2835 drivers, and fixes some bugs in
the firmware driver (silently hanging if the VPU doesn't respond to a
mailbox transaction, and undersized buffers in the firmware property
transactions for tags that aren't used yet in the upstream).

Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
2 years agosoc: sunxi: Change to use DEFINE_SHOW_ATTRIBUTE macro
Yangtao Li [Thu, 22 Nov 2018 12:59:41 +0000 (07:59 -0500)]
soc: sunxi: Change to use DEFINE_SHOW_ATTRIBUTE macro

Use DEFINE_SHOW_ATTRIBUTE macro to simplify the code.

Signed-off-by: Yangtao Li <tiny.windzz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@bootlin.com>
2 years agosoc/tegra: pmc: Change to use DEFINE_SHOW_ATTRIBUTE macro
Yangtao Li [Thu, 22 Nov 2018 13:12:07 +0000 (08:12 -0500)]
soc/tegra: pmc: Change to use DEFINE_SHOW_ATTRIBUTE macro

Use DEFINE_SHOW_ATTRIBUTE macro to simplify the code.

Signed-off-by: Yangtao Li <tiny.windzz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2 years agosoc/tegra: Don't leak device tree node reference
Yangtao Li [Wed, 21 Nov 2018 12:49:12 +0000 (07:49 -0500)]
soc/tegra: Don't leak device tree node reference

of_find_node_by_path() acquires a reference to the node returned by it
and that reference needs to be dropped by its caller. soc_is_tegra()
doesn't do that, so fix it.

Signed-off-by: Yangtao Li <tiny.windzz@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Jon Hunter <jonathanh@nvidia.com>
[treding: slightly rewrite to avoid inline comparison]
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2 years agofirmware: raspberrypi: Switch to SPDX identifier
Stefan Wahren [Mon, 22 Oct 2018 20:26:24 +0000 (22:26 +0200)]
firmware: raspberrypi: Switch to SPDX identifier

Adopt the SPDX license identifier headers to ease license compliance
management.

Cc: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Signed-off-by: Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren@i2se.com>
Reviewed-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
2 years agosoc: ti: wkup_m3: Add PRCM int16 as the wake up source
Keerthy [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 05:17:40 +0000 (10:47 +0530)]
soc: ti: wkup_m3: Add PRCM int16 as the wake up source

Add PRCM int16 as the wake up source.

Signed-off-by: Keerthy <j-keerthy@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
2 years agofirmware: raspberrypi: Fix firmware calls with large buffers
James Hughes [Fri, 16 Nov 2018 14:39:07 +0000 (14:39 +0000)]
firmware: raspberrypi: Fix firmware calls with large buffers

Commit a1547e0bca51 ("firmware: raspberrypi: Remove VLA usage")
moved away from VLA's to a fixed maximum size for mailbox data.
However, some mailbox calls use larger data buffers
than the maximum allowed in that change. This fix therefor
moves from using fixed buffers to kmalloc to ensure all sizes
are catered for.

There is some documentation, which is somewhat out of date,
on the mailbox calls here :
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/wiki/Mailbox-property-interface

Fixes: a1547e0bca51 ("firmware: raspberrypi: Remove VLA usage")

Signed-off-by: James Hughes <james.hughes@raspberrypi.org>
Reviewed-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Signed-off-by: Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren@i2se.com>
2 years agobus: ti-sysc: Detect devices for debug on omap5
Tony Lindgren [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:46:53 +0000 (14:46 -0800)]
bus: ti-sysc: Detect devices for debug on omap5

We want to see the names of detected devices when DEBUG is enabled.

Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
2 years agobus: ti-sysc: Add mcasp optional clocks flag
Tony Lindgren [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:46:53 +0000 (14:46 -0800)]
bus: ti-sysc: Add mcasp optional clocks flag

We have OPT_CLKS_NEEDED in legacy platform data, but it's missing
from the ti-sysc driver for device tree based configuration.

In order to pass OPT_CLKS_NEEDED quirk flag we need to update omap4 module
data and add a new compatible for dra7 as the module layout is different
from sysc_regbits_omap4_mcasp.

Fixes: 70a65240efb1 ("bus: ti-sysc: Add register bits for interconnect
target modules")
Cc: Mark Rutland <mark.rutland@arm.com>
Cc: Rob Herring <robh+dt@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
2 years agobus: ti-sysc: Fix getting optional clocks in clock_roles
Tony Lindgren [Thu, 15 Nov 2018 22:46:52 +0000 (14:46 -0800)]
bus: ti-sysc: Fix getting optional clocks in clock_roles

We can have holes in clock_roles with interface clock missing for
example. Currently getting an optional clock will fail if there are
only a functional clock and an optional clock.

Fixes: 09dfe5810762 ("bus: ti-sysc: Add handling for clkctrl opt clocks")
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
2 years agodrivers: soc: Allow building the amlogic drivers without ARCH_MESON
Maxime Jourdan [Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:46:54 +0000 (17:46 +0100)]
drivers: soc: Allow building the amlogic drivers without ARCH_MESON

The current condition makes it difficult to compile the amlogic/
drivers with COMPILE_TEST, or without ARCH_MESON in general.

Fixes kbuild errors with patch series that depend on drivers in that
directory, for instance the meson video decoder.

Signed-off-by: Maxime Jourdan <mjourdan@baylibre.com>
Signed-off-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
2 years agosoc: bcm: Switch raspberrypi-power to SPDX identifier
Stefan Wahren [Mon, 22 Oct 2018 20:35:02 +0000 (22:35 +0200)]
soc: bcm: Switch raspberrypi-power to SPDX identifier

Adopt the SPDX license identifier headers to ease license compliance
management.

Cc: Alexander Aring <aring@mojatatu.com>
Cc: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Signed-off-by: Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren@i2se.com>
Reviewed-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
2 years agofirmware: raspberrypi: Define timeout for transactions
Stefan Wahren [Sat, 6 Oct 2018 11:31:56 +0000 (13:31 +0200)]
firmware: raspberrypi: Define timeout for transactions

We should never assume to get a reply from the firmware otherwise
the call could block forever and the user don't get informed. So
define a timeout of 1 sec and print a stacktrace once in the unlikely
case the timeout expired.

Signed-off-by: Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren@i2se.com>
Reviewed-by: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
2 years agosoc: qcom: cmd-db: Stop memcpy()ing in cmd_db_read_aux_data()
Stephen Boyd [Wed, 26 Sep 2018 18:02:34 +0000 (11:02 -0700)]
soc: qcom: cmd-db: Stop memcpy()ing in cmd_db_read_aux_data()

Let's change the function signature to return the pointer to memory or
an error pointer on failure, and take an argument that lets us return
the size of the aux data read. This way we can remove the
cmd_db_read_aux_data_len() API entirely and also get rid of the memcpy
operation from cmd_db to the caller. Updating the only user of this code
shows that making this change allows us to remove a function and put the
lookup where the user is.

Cc: Mahesh Sivasubramanian <msivasub@codeaurora.org>
Cc: Lina Iyer <ilina@codeaurora.org>
Cc: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
Cc: Evan Green <evgreen@chromium.org>
Cc: Jordan Crouse <jcrouse@codeaurora.org>
Cc: Rob Clark <robdclark@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Stephen Boyd <swboyd@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agosoc: qcom: cmd-db: Remove memcpy()ing from cmd_db_get_header()
Stephen Boyd [Wed, 26 Sep 2018 18:02:33 +0000 (11:02 -0700)]
soc: qcom: cmd-db: Remove memcpy()ing from cmd_db_get_header()

The cmd_db_get_header() function is a static local function that doesn't
need to copy anything from one place to another. Instead, it can just
point into the region by returning pointers to what we're looking for.
If we do that, we should mark what we're returning as const so that code
can't modify cmd-db without an obvious cast.

Cc: Mahesh Sivasubramanian <msivasub@codeaurora.org>
Cc: Lina Iyer <ilina@codeaurora.org>
Cc: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
Cc: Evan Green <evgreen@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Stephen Boyd <swboyd@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agosoc: qcom: Drop help text for QCOM_QMI_HELPERS
Niklas Cassel [Mon, 1 Oct 2018 09:55:54 +0000 (11:55 +0200)]
soc: qcom: Drop help text for QCOM_QMI_HELPERS

The help text is visible in menuconfig, however QCOM_QMI_HELPERS is a
hidden kconfig, so it is not selectable in menuconfig.

Remove the help text so that it is more clear that this is intentionally
a hidden kconfig.

Signed-off-by: Niklas Cassel <niklas.cassel@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agosoc: qcom: qmi_interface: Limit txn ids to U16_MAX
Arun Kumar Neelakantam [Wed, 3 Oct 2018 05:40:02 +0000 (11:10 +0530)]
soc: qcom: qmi_interface: Limit txn ids to U16_MAX

Txn IDs created up to INT_MAX cause overflow while storing
the IDs in u16 type supported by QMI header.

Limit the txn IDs max value to U16_MAX to avoid overflow.

Signed-off-by: Arun Kumar Neelakantam <aneela@codeaurora.org>
Reviewed-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agosoc: qcom: llcc-slice: Add error checks for API functions
Jordan Crouse [Fri, 5 Oct 2018 13:08:29 +0000 (18:38 +0530)]
soc: qcom: llcc-slice: Add error checks for API functions

llcc_slice_getd can return a ERR_PTR code on failure. Add a IS_ERR_OR_NULL
check to subsequent API calls that use struct llcc_slice_desc to guard
against faults and to let the leaf drivers get away with safely using a
ERR_PTR() encoded "pointer" in the aftermath of a llcc_slice_getd error.

Signed-off-by: Jordan Crouse <jcrouse@codeaurora.org>
Reviewed-by: Vivek Gautam <vivek.gautam@codeaurora.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agosoc: qcom/llcc: add MODULE_LICENSE tag
Arnd Bergmann [Fri, 6 Jul 2018 12:57:19 +0000 (14:57 +0200)]
soc: qcom/llcc: add MODULE_LICENSE tag

The lack of a MODULE_LICENSE tag prevents building the llcc driver
as a loadable module:

FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module llcc-slice.ko uses GPL-only symbol 'ktime_get'

This adds the appropriate license and description tags.

Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agosoc: qcom: Add irq clear handling during SE init
Alok Chauhan [Wed, 3 Oct 2018 12:23:50 +0000 (17:53 +0530)]
soc: qcom: Add irq clear handling during SE init

when the kernel inits a SE, its quite possible we have pending interrupts
from bootloaders which did not handle/clear them. So do this in kernel at
the SE init, to avoid some of it causing bad behavior, while at it also
club all the register writes needed to clear the se irqs into a function
to avoid repeating it over.

Signed-off-by: Alok Chauhan <alokc@codeaurora.org>
Reviewed-by: Douglas Anderson <dianders@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Andy Gross <andy.gross@linaro.org>
2 years agofirmware: imx: add SCU power domain driver
A.s. Dong [Thu, 1 Nov 2018 15:20:13 +0000 (15:20 +0000)]
firmware: imx: add SCU power domain driver

Some i.MX SoCs contain a system controller that is responsible for
controlling the state of the IPs that are present. Communication
between the host processor running an OS and the system controller
happens through a SCU protocol. This patch adds SCU protocol based
power domains drivers.

Cc: Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org>
Cc: Rob Herring <robh+dt@kernel.org>
Cc: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
Cc: Sascha Hauer <kernel@pengutronix.de>
Cc: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@nxp.com>
Cc: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@rjwysocki.net>
Cc: Kevin Hilman <khilman@kernel.org>
Cc: linux-pm@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Dong Aisheng <aisheng.dong@nxp.com>
Reviewed-by: Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
2 years agofirmware: imx: add pm svc headfile
A.s. Dong [Thu, 1 Nov 2018 15:20:08 +0000 (15:20 +0000)]
firmware: imx: add pm svc headfile

Add SCU PM SVC related protocol definitions which will be used by
a number of PM functions like Power Domain, Clock, Reset and etc.
The detailed implementation of each function will put in the individual
function drivers.

Cc: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
Cc: Sascha Hauer <kernel@pengutronix.de>
Reviewed-by: Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Dong Aisheng <aisheng.dong@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
2 years agodt-bindings: fsl: scu: update power domain binding
A.s. Dong [Thu, 1 Nov 2018 15:20:02 +0000 (15:20 +0000)]
dt-bindings: fsl: scu: update power domain binding

Update the power domain binding with #power-domain-cells 1 format.
The first cell can be a global SCU power domain and the 2nd cell
the device ID. With this approach, we may remove all the sub power
domain nodes from device tree which can relief the device tree a lot.

Cc: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
Cc: Sascha Hauer <kernel@pengutronix.de>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Dong Aisheng <aisheng.dong@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
2 years agofirmware: imx: remove resource id enums
A.s. Dong [Thu, 1 Nov 2018 15:19:58 +0000 (15:19 +0000)]
firmware: imx: remove resource id enums

We already export resource id in dt-bindings headfile which can also
be used by drivers. So no need keep the same definitions in regular
headfile anymore.

Cc: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
Cc: Sascha Hauer <kernel@pengutronix.de>
Cc: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@nxp.com>
Reviewed-by: Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Dong Aisheng <aisheng.dong@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
2 years agodt-bindings: imx: add scu resource id headfile
A.s. Dong [Thu, 1 Nov 2018 15:19:53 +0000 (15:19 +0000)]
dt-bindings: imx: add scu resource id headfile

SCU firmware uses resource id to provide services. Every device on
a SCU based system has a resource id. Exported it in device tree to
allow service bindings to use it. e.g. power domain.

Cc: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
Cc: Sascha Hauer <kernel@pengutronix.de>
Cc: Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@nxp.com>
Cc: Mark Rutland <mark.rutland@arm.com>
Cc: devicetree@vger.kernel.org
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Dong Aisheng <aisheng.dong@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <shawnguo@kernel.org>
2 years agosoc/tegra: fuse: Remove duplicated function declaration
Bo Yan [Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:51:05 +0000 (09:51 -0800)]
soc/tegra: fuse: Remove duplicated function declaration

The function tegra_read_chipid() is declared twice in fuse.h. Remove the
redundant declaration.

Signed-off-by: Bo Yan <byan@nvidia.com>
Acked-by: Jon Hunter <jonathanh@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2 years agoLinux 4.20-rc2 v4.20-rc2
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 23:12:31 +0000 (17:12 -0600)]
Linux 4.20-rc2

2 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 23:09:48 +0000 (17:09 -0600)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

Pull networking fixes from David Miller:
 "One last pull request before heading to Vancouver for LPC, here we have:

   1) Don't forget to free VSI contexts during ice driver unload, from
      Victor Raj.

   2) Don't forget napi delete calls during device remove in ice driver,
      from Dave Ertman.

   3) Don't request VLAN tag insertion of ibmvnic device when SKB
      doesn't have VLAN tags at all.

   4) IPV4 frag handling code has to accomodate the situation where two
      threads try to insert the same fragment into the hash table at the
      same time. From Eric Dumazet.

   5) Relatedly, don't flow separate on protocol ports for fragmented
      frames, also from Eric Dumazet.

   6) Memory leaks in qed driver, from Denis Bolotin.

   7) Correct valid MTU range in smsc95xx driver, from Stefan Wahren.

   8) Validate cls_flower nested policies properly, from Jakub Kicinski.

   9) Clearing of stats counters in mc88e6xxx driver doesn't retain
      important bits in the G1_STATS_OP register causing the chip to
      hang. Fix from Andrew Lunn"

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net: (41 commits)
  act_mirred: clear skb->tstamp on redirect
  net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Fix clearing of stats counters
  tipc: fix link re-establish failure
  net: sched: cls_flower: validate nested enc_opts_policy to avoid warning
  net: mvneta: correct typo
  flow_dissector: do not dissect l4 ports for fragments
  net: qualcomm: rmnet: Fix incorrect assignment of real_dev
  net: aquantia: allow rx checksum offload configuration
  net: aquantia: invalid checksumm offload implementation
  net: aquantia: fixed enable unicast on 32 macvlan
  net: aquantia: fix potential IOMMU fault after driver unbind
  net: aquantia: synchronized flow control between mac/phy
  net: smsc95xx: Fix MTU range
  net: stmmac: Fix RX packet size > 8191
  qed: Fix potential memory corruption
  qed: Fix SPQ entries not returned to pool in error flows
  qed: Fix blocking/unlimited SPQ entries leak
  qed: Fix memory/entry leak in qed_init_sp_request()
  inet: frags: better deal with smp races
  net: hns3: bugfix for not checking return value
  ...

2 years agoMerge tag 'kbuild-fixes-v4.20' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masah...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:57:55 +0000 (16:57 -0600)]
Merge tag 'kbuild-fixes-v4.20' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild

Pull Kbuild fixes from Masahiro Yamada:

 - fix build errors in binrpm-pkg and bindeb-pkg targets

 - fix false positive matches in merge_config.sh

 - fix build version mismatch in deb-pkg target

 - fix dtbs_install handling in (bin)deb-pkg target

 - revert a commit that allows setlocalversion to write to source tree

* tag 'kbuild-fixes-v4.20' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild:
  builddeb: Fix inclusion of dtbs in debian package
  Revert "scripts/setlocalversion: git: Make -dirty check more robust"
  kbuild: deb-pkg: fix too low build version number
  kconfig: merge_config: avoid false positive matches from comment lines
  kbuild: deb-pkg: fix bindeb-pkg breakage when O= is used
  kbuild: rpm-pkg: fix binrpm-pkg breakage when O= is used

2 years agoMerge tag 'for-4.20-rc1-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:54:38 +0000 (16:54 -0600)]
Merge tag 'for-4.20-rc1-tag' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/kdave/linux

Pull btrfs fixes from David Sterba:
 "Several fixes to recent release (4.19, fixes tagged for stable) and
  other fixes"

* tag 'for-4.20-rc1-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave/linux:
  Btrfs: fix missing delayed iputs on unmount
  Btrfs: fix data corruption due to cloning of eof block
  Btrfs: fix infinite loop on inode eviction after deduplication of eof block
  Btrfs: fix deadlock on tree root leaf when finding free extent
  btrfs: avoid link error with CONFIG_NO_AUTO_INLINE
  btrfs: tree-checker: Fix misleading group system information
  Btrfs: fix missing data checksums after a ranged fsync (msync)
  btrfs: fix pinned underflow after transaction aborted
  Btrfs: fix cur_offset in the error case for nocow

2 years agoMerge tag 'ext4_for_linus_stable' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:53:02 +0000 (16:53 -0600)]
Merge tag 'ext4_for_linus_stable' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4

Pull ext4 fixes from Ted Ts'o:
 "A large number of ext4 bug fixes, mostly buffer and memory leaks on
  error return cleanup paths"

* tag 'ext4_for_linus_stable' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4:
  ext4: missing !bh check in ext4_xattr_inode_write()
  ext4: fix buffer leak in __ext4_read_dirblock() on error path
  ext4: fix buffer leak in ext4_expand_extra_isize_ea() on error path
  ext4: fix buffer leak in ext4_xattr_move_to_block() on error path
  ext4: release bs.bh before re-using in ext4_xattr_block_find()
  ext4: fix buffer leak in ext4_xattr_get_block() on error path
  ext4: fix possible leak of s_journal_flag_rwsem in error path
  ext4: fix possible leak of sbi->s_group_desc_leak in error path
  ext4: remove unneeded brelse call in ext4_xattr_inode_update_ref()
  ext4: avoid possible double brelse() in add_new_gdb() on error path
  ext4: avoid buffer leak in ext4_orphan_add() after prior errors
  ext4: avoid buffer leak on shutdown in ext4_mark_iloc_dirty()
  ext4: fix possible inode leak in the retry loop of ext4_resize_fs()
  ext4: fix missing cleanup if ext4_alloc_flex_bg_array() fails while resizing
  ext4: add missing brelse() update_backups()'s error path
  ext4: add missing brelse() add_new_gdb_meta_bg()'s error path
  ext4: add missing brelse() in set_flexbg_block_bitmap()'s error path
  ext4: avoid potential extra brelse in setup_new_flex_group_blocks()

2 years agoMerge branch 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:41:50 +0000 (16:41 -0600)]
Merge branch 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull x86 fixes from Thomas Gleixner:
 "A set of x86 fixes:

   - Cure the LDT remapping to user space on 5 level paging which ended
     up in the KASLR space

   - Remove LDT mapping before freeing the LDT pages

   - Make NFIT MCE handling more robust

   - Unbreak the VSMP build by removing the dependency on paravirt ops

   - Support broken PIT emulation on Microsoft hyperV

   - Don't trace vmware_sched_clock() to avoid tracer recursion

   - Remove -pipe from KBUILD CFLAGS which breaks clang and is also
     slower on GCC

   - Trivial coding style and typo fixes"

* 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  x86/cpu/vmware: Do not trace vmware_sched_clock()
  x86/vsmp: Remove dependency on pv_irq_ops
  x86/ldt: Remove unused variable in map_ldt_struct()
  x86/ldt: Unmap PTEs for the slot before freeing LDT pages
  x86/mm: Move LDT remap out of KASLR region on 5-level paging
  acpi/nfit, x86/mce: Validate a MCE's address before using it
  acpi/nfit, x86/mce: Handle only uncorrectable machine checks
  x86/build: Remove -pipe from KBUILD_CFLAGS
  x86/hyper-v: Fix indentation in hv_do_fast_hypercall16()
  Documentation/x86: Fix typo in zero-page.txt
  x86/hyper-v: Enable PIT shutdown quirk
  clockevents/drivers/i8253: Add support for PIT shutdown quirk

2 years agoMerge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:39:12 +0000 (16:39 -0600)]
Merge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull perf fixes from Thomas Gleixner:
 "A bunch of perf tooling fixes:

   - Make the Intel PT SQL viewer more robust

   - Make the Intel PT debug log more useful

   - Support weak groups in perf record so it's behaving the same way as
     perf stat

   - Display the LBR stats in callchain entries properly in perf top

   - Handle different PMu names with common prefix properlin in pert
     stat

   - Start syscall augmenting in perf trace. Preparation for
     architecture independent eBPF instrumentation of syscalls.

   - Fix build breakage in JVMTI perf lib

   - Fix arm64 tools build failure wrt smp_load_{acquire,release}"

* 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  perf tools: Do not zero sample_id_all for group members
  perf tools: Fix undefined symbol scnprintf in libperf-jvmti.so
  perf beauty: Use SRCARCH, ARCH=x86_64 must map to "x86" to find the headers
  perf intel-pt: Add MTC and CYC timestamps to debug log
  perf intel-pt: Add more event information to debug log
  perf scripts python: exported-sql-viewer.py: Fix table find when table re-ordered
  perf scripts python: exported-sql-viewer.py: Add help window
  perf scripts python: exported-sql-viewer.py: Add Selected branches report
  perf scripts python: exported-sql-viewer.py: Fall back to /usr/local/lib/libxed.so
  perf top: Display the LBR stats in callchain entry
  perf stat: Handle different PMU names with common prefix
  perf record: Support weak groups
  perf evlist: Move perf_evsel__reset_weak_group into evlist
  perf augmented_syscalls: Start collecting pathnames in the BPF program
  perf trace: Fix setting of augmented payload when using eBPF + raw_syscalls
  perf trace: When augmenting raw_syscalls plug raw_syscalls:sys_exit too
  perf examples bpf: Start augmenting raw_syscalls:sys_{start,exit}
  tools headers barrier: Fix arm64 tools build failure wrt smp_load_{acquire,release}

2 years agoMerge branch 'timers-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:37:41 +0000 (16:37 -0600)]
Merge branch 'timers-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull timer fix from Thomas Gleixner:
 "Just the removal of a redundant call into the sched deadline overrun
  check"

* 'timers-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  posix-cpu-timers: Remove useless call to check_dl_overrun()

2 years agoMerge branch 'sched/urgent' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:33:00 +0000 (16:33 -0600)]
Merge branch 'sched/urgent' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull scheduler fixes from Thomas Gleixner:
 "Two small scheduler fixes:

   - Take hotplug lock in sched_init_smp(). Technically not really
     required, but lockdep will complain other.

   - Trivial comment fix in sched/fair"

* 'sched/urgent' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  sched/fair: Fix a comment in task_numa_fault()
  sched/core: Take the hotplug lock in sched_init_smp()

2 years agoMerge branch 'locking-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:18:10 +0000 (16:18 -0600)]
Merge branch 'locking-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull locking build fix from Thomas Gleixner:
 "A single fix for a build fail with CONFIG_PROFILE_ALL_BRANCHES=y in
  the qspinlock code"

* 'locking-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  x86/qspinlock: Fix compile error

2 years agoMerge branch 'core-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 22:14:05 +0000 (16:14 -0600)]
Merge branch 'core-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull core fixes from Thomas Gleixner:
 "A couple of fixlets for the core:

   - Kernel doc function documentation fixes

   - Missing prototypes for weak watchdog functions"

* 'core-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  resource/docs: Complete kernel-doc style function documentation
  watchdog/core: Add missing prototypes for weak functions
  resource/docs: Fix new kernel-doc warnings

2 years agoact_mirred: clear skb->tstamp on redirect
Eric Dumazet [Sun, 11 Nov 2018 00:22:29 +0000 (16:22 -0800)]
act_mirred: clear skb->tstamp on redirect

If sch_fq is used at ingress, skbs that might have been
timestamped by net_timestamp_set() if a packet capture
is requesting timestamps could be delayed by arbitrary
amount of time, since sch_fq time base is MONOTONIC.

Fix this problem by moving code from sch_netem.c to act_mirred.c.

Fixes: fb420d5d91c1 ("tcp/fq: move back to CLOCK_MONOTONIC")
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2 years agonet: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Fix clearing of stats counters
Andrew Lunn [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 23:41:10 +0000 (00:41 +0100)]
net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Fix clearing of stats counters

The mv88e6161 would sometime fail to probe with a timeout waiting for
the switch to complete an operation. This operation is supposed to
clear the statistics counters. However, due to a read/modify/write,
without the needed mask, the operation actually carried out was more
random, with invalid parameters, resulting in the switch not
responding. We need to preserve the histogram mode bits, so apply a
mask to keep them.

Reported-by: Chris Healy <Chris.Healy@zii.aero>
Fixes: 40cff8fca9e3 ("net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Fix stats histogram mode")
Signed-off-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2 years agotipc: fix link re-establish failure
Jon Maloy [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 22:30:24 +0000 (17:30 -0500)]
tipc: fix link re-establish failure

When a link failure is detected locally, the link is reset, the flag
link->in_session is set to false, and a RESET_MSG with the 'stopping'
bit set is sent to the peer.

The purpose of this bit is to inform the peer that this endpoint just
is going down, and that the peer should handle the reception of this
particular RESET message as a local failure. This forces the peer to
accept another RESET or ACTIVATE message from this endpoint before it
can re-establish the link. This again is necessary to ensure that
link session numbers are properly exchanged before the link comes up
again.

If a failure is detected locally at the same time at the peer endpoint
this will do the same, which is also a correct behavior.

However, when receiving such messages, the endpoints will not
distinguish between 'stopping' RESETs and ordinary ones when it comes
to updating session numbers. Both endpoints will copy the received
session number and set their 'in_session' flags to true at the
reception, while they are still expecting another RESET from the
peer before they can go ahead and re-establish. This is contradictory,
since, after applying the validation check referred to below, the
'in_session' flag will cause rejection of all such messages, and the
link will never come up again.

We now fix this by not only handling received RESET/STOPPING messages
as a local failure, but also by omitting to set a new session number
and the 'in_session' flag in such cases.

Fixes: 7ea817f4e832 ("tipc: check session number before accepting link protocol messages")
Signed-off-by: Jon Maloy <jon.maloy@ericsson.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2 years agobuilddeb: Fix inclusion of dtbs in debian package
Rob Herring [Wed, 7 Nov 2018 14:36:46 +0000 (08:36 -0600)]
builddeb: Fix inclusion of dtbs in debian package

Commit 37c8a5fafa3b ("kbuild: consolidate Devicetree dtb build rules")
moved the location of 'dtbs_install' target which caused dtbs to not be
installed when building debian package with 'bindeb-pkg' target. Update
the builddeb script to use the same logic that determines if there's a
'dtbs_install' target which is presence of the arch dts directory. Also,
use CONFIG_OF_EARLY_FLATTREE instead of CONFIG_OF as that's a better
indication of whether we are building dtbs.

This commit will also have the side effect of installing dtbs on any
arch that has dts files. Previously, it was dependent on whether the
arch defined 'dtbs_install'.

Fixes: 37c8a5fafa3b ("kbuild: consolidate Devicetree dtb build rules")
Reported-by: Nuno Gonçalves <nunojpg@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
2 years agoRevert "scripts/setlocalversion: git: Make -dirty check more robust"
Guenter Roeck [Tue, 6 Nov 2018 18:10:38 +0000 (10:10 -0800)]
Revert "scripts/setlocalversion: git: Make -dirty check more robust"

This reverts commit 6147b1cf19651c7de297e69108b141fb30aa2349.

The reverted patch results in attempted write access to the source
repository, even if that repository is mounted read-only.

Output from "strace git status -uno --porcelain":

getcwd("/tmp/linux-test", 129)          = 16
open("/tmp/linux-test/.git/index.lock", O_RDWR|O_CREAT|O_EXCL|O_CLOEXEC, 0666) =
-1 EROFS (Read-only file system)

While git appears to be able to handle this situation, a monitored
build environment (such as the one used for Chrome OS kernel builds)
may detect it and bail out with an access violation error. On top of
that, the attempted write access suggests that git _will_ write to the
file even if a build output directory is specified. Users may have the
reasonable expectation that the source repository remains untouched in
that situation.

Fixes: 6147b1cf19651 ("scripts/setlocalversion: git: Make -dirty check more robust"
Cc: Genki Sky <sky@genki.is>
Signed-off-by: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
Reviewed-by: Brian Norris <briannorris@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
2 years agokbuild: deb-pkg: fix too low build version number
Masahiro Yamada [Tue, 6 Nov 2018 04:18:05 +0000 (13:18 +0900)]
kbuild: deb-pkg: fix too low build version number

Since commit b41d920acff8 ("kbuild: deb-pkg: split generating packaging
and build"), the build version of the kernel contained in a deb package
is too low by 1.

Prior to the bad commit, the kernel was built first, then the number
in .version file was read out, and written into the debian control file.

Now, the debian control file is created before the kernel is actually
compiled, which is causing the version number mismatch.

Let the mkdebian script pass KBUILD_BUILD_VERSION=${revision} to require
the build system to use the specified version number.

Fixes: b41d920acff8 ("kbuild: deb-pkg: split generating packaging and build")
Reported-by: Doug Smythies <dsmythies@telus.net>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
Tested-by: Doug Smythies <dsmythies@telus.net>
2 years agokconfig: merge_config: avoid false positive matches from comment lines
Masahiro Yamada [Mon, 5 Nov 2018 08:19:36 +0000 (17:19 +0900)]
kconfig: merge_config: avoid false positive matches from comment lines

The current SED_CONFIG_EXP could match to comment lines in config
fragment files, especially when CONFIG_PREFIX_ is empty. For example,
Buildroot uses empty prefixing; starting symbols with BR2_ is just
convention.

Make the sed expression more robust against false positives from
comment lines. The new sed expression matches to only valid patterns.

Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com>
Reviewed-by: Petr Vorel <petr.vorel@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Arnout Vandecappelle (Essensium/Mind) <arnout@mind.be>
2 years agoMerge tag 'tty-4.20-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:32:14 +0000 (13:32 -0600)]
Merge tag 'tty-4.20-rc2' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty

Pull tty/serial fixes from Greg KH:
 "Here are some small tty fixes for 4.20-rc2

  One of these missed the original 4.19-final release, I missed that I
  hadn't done a pull request for it as it was in linux-next and my
  branch for a long time, that's my fault.

  The others are small, fixing some reported issues and finally fixing
  the termios mess for alpha so that glibc has a chance to implement
  some missing functionality that has been pending for many years now.

  All of these have been in linux-next with no reported issues"

* tag 'tty-4.20-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty:
  serial: sh-sci: Fix could not remove dev_attr_rx_fifo_timeout
  arch/alpha, termios: implement BOTHER, IBSHIFT and termios2
  termios, tty/tty_baudrate.c: fix buffer overrun
  vt: fix broken display when running aptitude
  serial: sh-sci: Fix receive on SCIFA/SCIFB variants with DMA

2 years agoMerge tag 'drm-fixes-2018-11-11' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:29:47 +0000 (13:29 -0600)]
Merge tag 'drm-fixes-2018-11-11' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm

Pull drm fixes from Dave Airlie:
 "drm: i915, amdgpu, sun4i, exynos and etnaviv fixes:

   - amdgpu has some display fixes, KFD ioctl fixes and a Vega20 bios
     interaction fix.

   - sun4i has some NULL checks added

   - i915 has a 32-bit system fix, LPE audio oops, and HDMI2.0 clock
     fixes.

   - Exynos has a 3 regression fixes (one frame counter, fbdev missing,
     dsi->panel check)

   - Etnaviv has a single fencing fix for GPU recovery"

* tag 'drm-fixes-2018-11-11' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm: (39 commits)
  drm/amd/amdgpu/dm: Fix dm_dp_create_fake_mst_encoder()
  drm/amd/display: Drop reusing drm connector for MST
  drm/amd/display: Cleanup MST non-atomic code workaround
  drm/amd/powerplay: always use fast UCLK switching when UCLK DPM enabled
  drm/amd/powerplay: set a default fclk/gfxclk ratio
  drm/amdgpu/display/dce11: only enable FBC when selected
  drm/amdgpu/display/dm: handle FBC dc feature parameter
  drm/amdgpu/display/dc: add FBC to dc_config
  drm/amdgpu: add DC feature mask module parameter
  drm/amdgpu/display: check if fbc is available in set_static_screen_control (v2)
  drm/amdgpu/vega20: add CLK base offset
  drm/amd/display: Stop leaking planes
  drm/amd/display: Fix misleading buffer information
  Revert "drm/amd/display: set backlight level limit to 1"
  drm/amd: Update atom_smu_info_v3_3 structure
  drm/i915: Fix ilk+ watermarks when disabling pipes
  drm/sun4i: tcon: prevent tcon->panel dereference if NULL
  drm/sun4i: tcon: fix check of tcon->panel null pointer
  drm/i915: Don't oops during modeset shutdown after lpe audio deinit
  drm/i915: Mark pin flags as u64
  ...

2 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:27:58 +0000 (13:27 -0600)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace

Pull namespace fixes from Eric Biederman:
 "I believe all of these are simple obviously correct bug fixes. These
  fall into two groups:

   - Fixing the implementation of MNT_LOCKED which prevents lesser
     privileged users from seeing unders mounts created by more
     privileged users.

   - Fixing the extended uid and group mapping in user namespaces.

  As well as ensuring the code looks correct I have spot tested these
  changes as well and in my testing the fixes are working"

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace:
  mount: Prevent MNT_DETACH from disconnecting locked mounts
  mount: Don't allow copying MNT_UNBINDABLE|MNT_LOCKED mounts
  mount: Retest MNT_LOCKED in do_umount
  userns: also map extents in the reverse map to kernel IDs

2 years agoMerge tag 'clk-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:25:55 +0000 (13:25 -0600)]
Merge tag 'clk-fixes-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/clk/linux

Pull clk fixes from Stephen Boyd:
 "A small set of fixes for clk drivers.

  One to fix a DT refcount imbalance, two to mark some Amlogic clks as
  critical, and one final one that fixes a clk name for the Qualcomm
  driver merged this cycle"

* tag 'clk-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/clk/linux:
  clk: qcom: gcc: Fix board clock node name
  clk: meson: axg: mark fdiv2 and fdiv3 as critical
  clk: meson-gxbb: set fclk_div3 as CLK_IS_CRITICAL
  clk: fixed-factor: fix of_node_get-put imbalance

2 years agoMerge branch 'drm-fixes-4.20' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux into drm...
Dave Airlie [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 18:20:48 +0000 (04:20 +1000)]
Merge branch 'drm-fixes-4.20' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux into drm-fixes

Fixes for 4.20:
- DC MST fixes
- DC FBC fix
- Vega20 updates to support the latest vbios
- KFD type fixes for ioctl headers

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181108035551.2904-1-alexander.deucher@amd.com
2 years agoMerge tag 'drm-misc-fixes-2018-11-07' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc...
Dave Airlie [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 18:19:52 +0000 (04:19 +1000)]
Merge tag 'drm-misc-fixes-2018-11-07' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc into drm-fixes

- sun4i: tcon->panel NULL deref protections (Giulio)

Cc: Giulio Benetti <giulio.benetti@micronovasrl.com>
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Sean Paul <sean@poorly.run>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181107205051.GA27823@art_vandelay
2 years agoMerge tag 'drm-intel-fixes-2018-11-08' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-intel...
Dave Airlie [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 18:14:22 +0000 (04:14 +1000)]
Merge tag 'drm-intel-fixes-2018-11-08' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-intel into drm-fixes

Bugzilla #108282 fixed: Avoid graphics corruption on 32-bit systems for Mesa 18.2.x
Avoid OOPS on LPE audio deinit. Remove two unused W/As.
Fix to correct HDMI 2.0 audio clock modes to spec.

Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Joonas Lahtinen <joonas.lahtinen@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20181108134508.GA28466@jlahtine-desk.ger.corp.intel.com
2 years agonet: sched: cls_flower: validate nested enc_opts_policy to avoid warning
Jakub Kicinski [Sat, 10 Nov 2018 05:06:26 +0000 (21:06 -0800)]
net: sched: cls_flower: validate nested enc_opts_policy to avoid warning

TCA_FLOWER_KEY_ENC_OPTS and TCA_FLOWER_KEY_ENC_OPTS_MASK can only
currently contain further nested attributes, which are parsed by
hand, so the policy is never actually used resulting in a W=1
build warning:

net/sched/cls_flower.c:492:1: warning: ‘enc_opts_policy’ defined but not used [-Wunused-const-variable=]
 enc_opts_policy[TCA_FLOWER_KEY_ENC_OPTS_MAX + 1] = {

Add the validation anyway to avoid potential bugs when other
attributes are added and to make the attribute structure slightly
more clear.  Validation will also set extact to point to bad
attribute on error.

Fixes: 0a6e77784f49 ("net/sched: allow flower to match tunnel options")
Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <jakub.kicinski@netronome.com>
Acked-by: Simon Horman <simon.horman@netronome.com>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>